Flat glass job images

I couldn't help noticing that on the 2nd pic the glass isn't flat so you should change the title of the thread

just kidding, great pics

what is that exterior blue film you put on there?

and how is it holding?

how long is it on the glass already?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I couldn't help noticing that on the 2nd pic the glass isn't flat so you should change the title of the thread

just kidding, great pics

what is that exterior blue film you put on there?

and how is it holding?

how long is it on the glass already?

The exterior film is holding up well, we were told by the film manufacturer to silicone seal all the edges of the film where they meet the rubber trim edges to prevent them peeling, this added quite a bit of time to the job but it seems to be holding up well and it has been on since January, still early days I suppose, but so far, so good!

Everyone seems to have an opinion on this pic.... what did the custy have to say?
DSC01673.jpg

was it just this picture, or is the seam that noticeable in real life? Did you line up the same edge to combat color fade?

Awesome work though, wish I did jobs that big.

Yeah we did but we had to do one side again with fresh film, was a nightmare job

looks like a pain window. arch and trying to line up a seam :dunno

nice work :yoda

ive always been tought that you have to line the rightside with the righside or left to left, because there can be a 3% differance from the left to the right side of the roll.....AND MUST PULL OUT THE BOX AT THE SAME TIME! this is why you got a dramatic differance in the two peices

Yea that’s right apparently you did not read his reply as he stated that he( had to do one side again with fresh film) in other words different roll of film and that would be plus or minus 3% variance in the light transmission not just 3%

niether did you read fully as I posted and what I posted was straight forward no ebonics of combat....as for your plus or minus its from the left side of the roll to the right side of the roll it will differ you MUST BUTT RIGHTSIDE TO RIGHTSIDE remember you must line up the poles right to right or left to left...you will notice the differance in the pic because he used a leftside of the roll and butt to a right side which is wrong...if you use a new box it would probably be futher off in color/shade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did read your post and when I said yea that’s right I was referring to what you said about the same side of the roll I was stating the fact that he used DIFFERENT ROLL OF FILM that’s why there is a noticeable difference in the way it appears

I'm sure they were happy and understood the variance in film :thumb I would if it was my window. I've had some french panes before where if you stood back and looked you could see a slight color change among some of them side by side

This was how the job looked when we did the first install

DSC01675.jpg

We didnt realise the 3% difference but we sorted it out for them in the end and it looked great when finished

Archived