Wireless internet ?

anyone know more information on the latest technology out there for wireless internet? I though about geting laptop and I the technology was good, having wireless internet hooked up, I know they have it, but not sure if there is things I should know about it like is the technology for it any good, is it too expensive right now, etc.

Thanx for any imput from any "tech's" out there :mad

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah u need a card to go into your putor and if u want to do it mobile u will have to have a phone which is wap enabled...so that means big bills!! ..LOL

u can get them from maplins by the way :mad

u will have to have a phone which is wap enabled...so that means big bills!!

sorry, I should have been more specific..I was referring to the satellite wirless internet they've come out with..

sounds like even bigger bills to me  :mad

yeah..I looked into it a yr ago...and it is expensive..wanted to see if anyone here uses this technology and to see if it's come down in price yet

Guest tintchick

Its not expensive!! Our whole house is rigged wireless internet,,,,both my laptops are,,,I go on the internet outside and everywhere all the time :evileye Just need one of the little wireless box thingys bout 100.00 and the card to stick in the laptop,,doesn't cost anything more than that,,,I love it! no cords :thumbdown

maybe th cell phone is the way to go..cause when I say wireless, I want to take a laptop whereever I go, not just around the house... Is the modem speed slow or ok with cell phone?

Archived