Wireless internet ?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint rookie

my house is set up for wireless.... secure (easy to do if you read the directions)

my lap top came with a wifi card already installed.

thought about getting a wireless cell signal card from verizon for the gauraunteed signal everywhere I go. as I shelled out too much for the laptop, I had to wait to get it though. luckilly after using strictly the wifi card for bout six mos now, ive found the matrix is truely all around us. there is very few places (in populated areas) that there isnt a signal to mooch off of.

until people start learning to read the instructions and securing their networks, there is no need for the extra cost of the cell card/service.

if they dont want someone to use it, they should incript or secure their network.

Guest nautiboi73
if they dont want someone to use it, they should incript or secure their network.

[*]325681

yea I learned that the hard way. AT the shop I leave the WiFi open for any customers that want to use it, but at home I left it open at first, just doing a plug in play thinking. But after I logged into my router setup and saw an extra connetion, and then was unaple to stay logged in to the router config because the other connectin was in there, I did a reset on the router and then secured the connection. Damn Mouchers :spam I really didn't care about it till I couldn't get in my router config.

Guest tint rookie

damn....someone got in mooched your signal and changed your network settings? thats just malitious. my home setup, from the cable straight to the router, then wireless to all computers in house (3). set everything up secure so should they h@ck into the router,the only thing that the signal is usable for is the internet.

you might wanna try something like that at the shop. all you need is a nosey hacking customer finding out what your costs really are or vitla financial info, if you keep your biz books on your computer.

Wiz,

as I understand it, the most you can get from a cell phone internet connection is 28.8k

That aint enough baud to open email

it's like twice as slow as a 56k modem

....and expensive

hey but wtf do I know, I am just a papa slanger :spam

wheres Marco at?

Archived