Wireless internet ?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlowTinter has a cell connection for his laptop.  It eats up minutes fast.

I have unlimited minutes for evening and weekend, so that's not a concern...it the speed ok though?

Guest xtremetinting

I bought a direcway satalite dish a couple months ago. but the deal with that is that you have to reset the dish each time you move. it is good for a remote area. I have tried the cellular thing too. We used future dial and snap dial. the only draw back on that is that you get a 14.4 connection. I think there is a card that you can put in your laptop and get a fast connection. Snap dial and Future dial is cheap. you can get it at radio shack for under 50.00 depending on what cell phone you have. It works good if you dont have much data to transfer.

SlowTinter has a cell connection for his laptop.  It eats up minutes fast.

I have unlimited minutes for evening and weekend, so that's not a concern...it the speed ok though?

be careful TW, minutes for taling and minutes for data transfer are two different monsters. read your plan carefully...I CAN hook the laptop up to my cell phone with a kit, but there's a charge for doing so. (per kilobyte or something) it can add up fast. do your research, for at home use, you can get cable internet, or DSL and then a wireless router (tint chicks little box thingy) and a wireless card for the 'puter another 60 bucks or so and you're 'cord free' at home. do your research on the cell.

Guest tintslut

all you wireless geeks,, you doing 802.11 b or 802.11 g? And what kinda equipment.

This linksys wireless router sukks for range. Pcmall has a wireless G bundle for 49.99 after rebate. If the g , sukks rangewise, I cant see the benefits of the upgrade, other than less interference in the 5.4 ghz range

Archived