2001 Lexus RX300

Guest tintpro2007

Guest tintpro2007

Had a customer come in today with a '01 Lexus RX300, he asked if we could match the front doors to the back. Of course we had to tell him we couldn't match the front to the factory back, because we didn't carry a film that matched the greenish mirror tint thats on this car from the factory. We are a FormulaOne shop, so all we use is Llumar, and FormulaOne products, whom don't offer that kind of tint. We were just wondering if there are any film manufactures that make this type of tint for future customers and maybe this guy. Any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks

Guest thatsnappyguy

well.. llumar makes a Platinum plus...the glass in the lexus has a grennish hue to it already...PP35 would IMO look really nice and the film will bring out the green in the glass. thous giving you a greenish platinum

Guest scottydosnntkno
well.. llumar makes a Platinum plus...the glass in the lexus has a grennish hue to it already...PP35 would IMO look really nice and the film will bring out the green in the glass. thous giving you a greenish platinum

thats probably as close as your going to get. You definately need a full metal film for the reflectivity, but you will never match the factory glass exactly.

Guest tintpro2007

thats probably as close as your going to get. You definately need a full metal film for the reflectivity, but you will never match the factory glass exactly.

yeah that's what we all figured but I just figured id post on here and see if anyone had any ideas. Lexus and their dang mirror tint. haha :lol

Guest scottydosnntkno

yeah that's what we all figured but I just figured id post on here and see if anyone had any ideas. Lexus and their dang mirror tint. haha :lol

I think its the ugliest thing ever. Especially on the purple ones :lol

only thing that comes close is the jeep/ford mirror tint too

Guest tintpro2007

I agree. Its ugly as hell, but hey if thats what the customer likes, whatever its not my car haha

Guest scottydosnntkno

I agree. Its ugly as hell, but hey if thats what the customer likes, whatever its not my car haha

fa sho. kind of when people come in and want blue/black fader on a brand new caddy. I feel bad for the car

Guest tintpro2007

fa sho. kind of when people come in and want blue/black fader on a brand new caddy. I feel bad for the car

hahaha :cool yeah poor car... Personally id tell the factory to put clear non tinted windows in and then id go black them out, but I cant afford a lexus, so maybe its the shiny look like coins and bling, that makes ppl with lexus's like it haha :lol

The Llumar PP doesn't really match that well. That is all I use and maybe it just doesn't match to a tinters eye cuz the customers always liked it. But I think Quantum might match it better. Not sure. I never used Quantum, just from looking, I always thought PP looked shinier than the factory rears

Guest tintpro2007
The Llumar PP doesn't really match that well. That is all I use and maybe it just doesn't match to a tinters eye cuz the customers always liked it. But I think Quantum might match it better. Not sure. I never used Quantum, just from looking, I always thought PP looked shinier than the factory rears

Who makes Quantum, if you dont mind me asking? Do you happen to have any pics of lexus's you've done with this? Or with the PP? Thanks

Archived