Curtains and blinds.

This is from one of my favorite websites today, I thought it was funny and relevant!

July 10, 2009

Should Curtains and Window Blinds Be Outlawed?

Posted by Thomas DiLorenzo on July 10, 2009 07:19 AM

That’s the apparent thinking of Florida politicians. The evening television news yesterday in South Florida featured a piece on cops pulling people over because their window tinting was too dark. “We can’t tell if they’re wearing their seatbelts,” said one coppper, as he fidgeted with some kind of tint-o-meter that supposedly measured the degree of darkness in window tinting.

As of July 1, Florida cops are permitted to impose about a $100 fine for each person in a vehicle who is not wearing a seat belt. So tinted windows, which are pervasive in Florida, are seen as a major obstruction to tax collection. Just in case the Booboisee might object, the news show put on the screen an A-K47 that was allegedly taken from a car with — you guessed it — tinted windows.

It just stands to reason, then, that the Florida legislature should outlaw curtains and all other forms of home window coverings. Who knows what heinous crimes might be committed behind those curtains! Why, there could be a poker game going on. Or a 20-year-old Iraq war veteran could be having a beer with his dad. A member of Congress from Massachusetts might be running a prostitution ring in his basement. Or a judge might be smoking a joint after a long day in court. If we are ever to achieve a vice-free society, curtains and window blinds must be outlawed, and thousands of Peeping Tom Police must be hired at once.

Guest thatsnappyguy

the government (local and federal) main objective is to collect as much money as they can in whatever fashion. tickets for everything. tickets for having something in the way of possibly getting a ticket (tint). I dont see blinds and curtains, that just sounds silly....but its not something would be suprised to see. think of america as one big home owners association.

Guest Sunlimited

That was the article I posted a link to the other day. Blinds and curtains is a far stretch, but the gun that was seized was in a car with a convicted felon, 2 children, 1 of which was 5 years old and standing on the back seat with the vehicle in motion, the other in the front seat without a seatbelt. There was also a bag of weed in the car. I think it was a pretty good find that all started with !llegal film...

That was the article I posted a link to the other day. Blinds and curtains is a far stretch, but the gun that was seized was in a car with a convicted felon, 2 children, 1 of which was 5 years old and standing on the back seat with the vehicle in motion, the other in the front seat without a seatbelt. There was also a bag of weed in the car. I think it was a pretty good find that all started with !llegal film...

So dark papas are helping enforce the law and get bad guys off the street! We should pat our self on the back :dunno:bogabut:

My campaign slogan................

Make me president of the United States and I'll put dark papas on all cars to clean the street of criminals :cool

Guest Sunlimited

So dark papas are helping enforce the law and get bad guys off the street! We should pat our self on the back :dunno:bogabut:

My campaign slogan................

Make me president of the United States and I'll put dark papas on all cars to clean the street of criminals :cool

At least our industry would be safe lol2.gif

its a law. if you want to roll with dark film you take the chance of getting pulled. If you add in the gun and weed, well you're a dumba$$. And people wonder why prisons stay full. What a dumb article.

Guest Sunlimited
its a law. if you want to roll with dark film you take the chance of getting pulled. If you add in the gun and weed, well you're a dumba$$. And people wonder why prisons stay full. What a dumb article.

May be dumb for you and I because personally I don't put my son in the car with my blammer and a fat sack of chronic, but it keeps me busy, doing removals, had 2 today :ninja , and it really does help with crime in the cities. I'm all for it, (not the curtains) but absolutely on the film...

I am not saying that window film should not be regulated on vehicles, there are some stupid people and I want my wife and kid to be as safe as can be on the roads. It is just alluding to the many, many, many laws which tell us what to do, what to say, etc., Eventually we will all be doing something !llegal. It reminds me of the story of Rudy Giulliani and his attorney general, who would play a game where they would name a person, Mother Teresa say, and see what they could "pin" on her.

Does it help with crime? I don't know about that!?

Archived