I've got a head ache!!!

Whats up guys, Im new on the TD and after reading about 100 pgs of dif topics I determined that I love the site! Well Ive been tinting windows for about 2 years now and totally self taught with some help from a local tinter. Roll-ups are a breeze, most windshields are a breeze, and most back windows give me a headache lol. Im about to start renting out a little shop instead of doing it out of my garage. I need some help with the heat shrinking process. I've been getting better but still have the occasional azz kickers that I cant do yet. Any info greatly appreciated.

Guest shaver

Although I'm not the oldest tinter on the board...I'll give the advice....practice, practice, practice. Don't give up...and if you can do windshields, you can do back windows. Good luck.

Guest tint51
Although I'm not the oldest tinter on the board...I'll give the advice....practice, practice, practice. Don't give up...and if you can do windshields, you can do back windows. Good luck.

I agree.. Practice, practice... Make a mistake try it again.. you should get better each time.. try different techniques.. One doesn't alway work for all....

Thanks for the advice. I guess thats all I can do since Im the only one tinting in my small town lol I can tell im getting better at it. I just tinted an 09 charger and it turned out perfect. I just want to get to where I can to the back glass of a camaro without thinking twice...its probably going to be awhile tho!

Guest beano

ive always wondered if you can shrink a rear screen that is totally surrounded with a rubber seal without removing the screen?

ive worked on a vw beetle, dry shrinking with exact template.

I started with the tint lowered to shrink the top then raised it to shrink the bottom half.

I thought I had it a couple of times and fitted it inside the glass. had a few v`s shrank them out but had heaps of problems because of the rubber seal. ive had some other similar vehicles, do I need the glass to be removed and ask the customer to pay for a replacement seal? or should I just consider this in my price. I dont normally do pricing as I work in a dealership (I know ive said that in many other posts, but the thing is supply and pricing I cant control, and head honchos dont listen to little WORKERS) thats mostly why im here, to know everything I possibly can and so I can be better for THEIR customers. and hopefully get a pay rise maybe one day in the not too far future perhaps cause I deserve it.

Archived