Tinter pay scale??

I am the manager of a truck accessory store. We are exploring the idea of possibly adding window tinting to the services we provide. I was just curious how most tinters are paid, in-house and contracted?? If any of you guys on here could let me know how your pay is set up that would be great. Thanks,

Jason

Guest Litespeeds

The biggest factor is the installers experience. If he is good, he is worth every dollar but the area you live in also dictates wages. Most good installers will make around 35% of gross sales. So if you get a $200 tint job, the installer makes $70.

Guest TINTFXold

whatever you do, my friend, hire soemone that has some experience and PAY him well enough to stick around. You can make yourself some money in the film industry just dont let a hack turn out bad jobs for ya' JMHO

Guest autoreflections

Tinting is an art , not every one should do it... Interview a few guys see who has the most balance in quality and speed.

For those who can do it they desrve a pay worthy of what they do.. Think of it this way. A TINT shop hires a tinter. Their business is mainly tinting, so they pay well becaus the tinter is the one basically holding the business.. He does a good job because he's paid fair people are happy you get a good name. DO the opposite.. You know what I mean..

I think 35% from sales is a good bid plus commission. If your tinter goes out of his way, brings in customers, lands a sale then once again your business is profiting.. :thumb

Guest Fast And Furious Co

Im on 30% commision with this shop I just started at last Thursday. Havent tinted anything yet and Im gonna ask about hourly wages for now and maybe commision in the future so I am making some sort of money. Maybe start out with $3 or $4 per hour plus commision if its not busy in your area like mine.

In the beginning you might want to contract it out this will be less profit for you in the beggining but it will give you a chance to test the market, if you are only doing a couple a week you may want to keep it that way, but if you start getting alot of volume then you might want to hire someone,35% is about the going rata around here. :thumb

Archived