Tools to start out with

I recently bought stans dvds and was noticing all the different tools that were needed. What would you guys recommend to start with? I'm working on a budget to get started and can't afford some of the more expensive tools just yet like the gasket wizard. I'm just wondering what tools are required to get the job done and plan on building the tool inventory later on. And I did a search but came across to many different posts that never really stated what I would need although I'm sure this has been asked before. Thanks

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone have differnt preference. I have gold and black teflon cards, ez reach, chizler. olfa,ss blades. clearmax squeegee,yellow turbo and squeegee clean the windows before install.

Now for back glass I use sideswiper, 12 inch black and white card cut at angle and bulldozer.

Everyone have differnt preference. I have gold and black teflon cards, ez reach, chizler. olfa,ss blades. clearmax squeegee,yellow turbo and squeegee clean the windows before install.

Now for back glass I use sideswiper, 12 inch black and white card cut at angle and bulldozer.

also a good heatgun (makita).

I recently bought stans dvds and was noticing all the different tools that were needed. What would you guys recommend to start with? I'm working on a budget to get started and can't afford some of the more expensive tools just yet like the gasket wizard. I'm just wondering what tools are required to get the job done and plan on building the tool inventory later on. And I did a search but came across to many different posts that never really stated what I would need although I'm sure this has been asked before. Thanks

ClearMax gave you a great starting list and he is correct that everyone has their own preferences. A good heat gun that allows accurate shrinking, knife that feels comfortable in your hands, quality stainless steel blades for that knife, razor blades to clean the glass [except over antennas and defrost lines ;) ]and a quality sprayer. You will also need a variety of squeegees and hard cards to get the job done, but that is where personal preference really comes into play.

You can check out all the options on our website at Zola Distributing Site

I do not want to overly promote our site, but there is good information, pictures, etc. there that I thought you might be interested in. You can also buy tools from several other sources including your film distributor.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. :lol

Guest scottydosnntkno

I have every tool on the market, except a gasket wizard, but thats more of a accessory than a tool.

I don't prefer any particular one more than any other, but they all have their place.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Speaking of the maxs.I have a blue and clear but the blue seems stiffer and better...anyone agree or not please explain

thats because the blue IS stiffer. clearmax is more of a squeegee for NR films, and the blue max is for HP/full metal, since its stiffer, but many people only use one or the other. Then the orange crush/fusion blade is somewhere in between, but more towards the hard side.

I have a few of all three, and it really just depends on the day which one I use. Now that its colder, I use the bmax mostly.

Archived