New business idea?

I had a business idea I have been considering for a while now. I am currently the store manager of a truck accessory store. My main interest though is in the actual installation of the products. I enjoy installing the parts more than any of my other duties. I enjoy making the car look and perform better than just being a parts pusher. My business idea is to open a shop where all we do is install accessories. This would include ground effects, spoilers, lowering kits, lift kits, truck accessories, intakes, alarms, cd players, exhaust systems and other similar parts. Basically most anything you could buy for your car we would install except high performance engine parts, custom fiberglassing and other installations requiring a high level of fabrication. I would only install new parts as there are too many potential problems with used parts. I could market this business to car enthusiasts as well as shoppers who purchase parts online. Possibly even set up a system with online retailers to send these customers to us if they desire installation. Also we could subcontract a window tinter to do tinting, a body shop to paint parts for us, a spray on bed liner company to do spray on's. Basically any type of labor automotive accessory service. I could also market my company to existing shops to perform installations that they currently don't perform in-house. I also am very close to opening a website to sell parts and could parlay that into a retail store at some time using my installation business as the installation center for my retail store. This would most likely start out as a small 2 bay shop (possibly old gas station service center) or a small area in an industrial park. There would be just me and one other employee. I would also work a 3rd shift job in the beginning to meet my prior financial obligations. Just been considering this lately, going to be graduating from college in a couple months with a degree in business management, a degree in automotive service management, and a certificate in entrepreneurship and looking to try something on my own. Let me know what you think, any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Jason

Get you main business started and do great work and probally in 3-5 years start adding .Trying to do alot of the work yourself will leave little time to check other people's work but sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders.Referals will come and this will help get you moving.Ambition is stronger than death :thumb well maybe close :nope My 2$ good luck

Archived