does the last 5" of your film roll useless

There is usually an extra 1-2' on the roll. When they are in slitting (where the master roll is cut down into 100' increments) they have to pull the film from the master to the film core. That is about a 1' distance, then they start rolling down to 100' so the distance they pull the film from the master to the core before setting it is in there.

That being said, I'd keep that film like VIP does or stack them and return for credit. I know I love getting boxes and end caps back, it saves money and its nice not to waste materials that can be reused. Its not wise to reuse film cores because you can run into imperfections and dirt on it that could cause issues with new film being applied to the core.

yup llullu is really bad about that last cpl feet being bad. sometimes its 10' sometimes more. my rep is chill and i just let him know when i have a lot to return. he brings his truck over and i load up close to 30 boxes. he emails me back when they have it all weighed and calculated out. my last return was maybe over 40 boxes and i got credited 7 20" rolls so i ordered them right there. now i never throw them away, just put a big black x on the sticker so we know not to use it.

have good relations with your reps and im sure they would do the same if it is within their power

do they make you have to send in the roll in the original box with same roll# . Thats what they are asking me or i wont get credit. Even though the roll # is on the core and llumar logos on the release liner? For some reason llumar wants me to jump through hoops for warranty claim .

I missed some of that, my previous employer didn't give them boxes for the film issue, Florida Films does accept boxes back for a credit as well though, if you go through them maybe they just said that?... I can't see Solutia wanting them back, the rep always just came by and picked up the cores from us.....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived