Wrapping BMW window trim

APTINT

I get a lot of requests for this, anybody doing it? I'd like to find out if they come off easily, damage easy, or what material is best to use. I guess everyone is trying to get rid of the chrome exterior trim...any advice would help thanks!

Ive wrapped it in regular vinyl, wrap vinyl, and 3m 1080 scotchprint. Its chrome so the film comes off easy if its not baked on for 3 years. I havent had any problems installing any of it. I guess its just to what you can make work.

166113_492689722301_508372301_5792851_4056310_n.jpg

I get a lot of requests for this, anybody doing it? I'd like to find out if they come off easily, damage easy, or what material is best to use. I guess everyone is trying to get rid of the chrome exterior trim...any advice would help thanks!

A lot of new BMW's have a factory option to have the chrome blacked out and super shiny, looks nice.

I can see this as being good some|\|4L BMW customers :lol2

And as for your question, I can't help you, however if you haven't noticed, I believe Darkstyle (he's in Portugal) just posted pics in the tinted car section and one of them showed a BMW that he did this to. Perhaps ask him!

Guest Bad Boy Tinting
Ive wrapped it in regular vinyl, wrap vinyl, and 3m 1080 scotchprint. Its chrome so the film comes off easy if its not baked on for 3 years. I havent had any problems installing any of it. I guess its just to what you can make work.

Very Nice Job!

Thanks everyone! Ive done probably 5 or 6 BMW's. 750's, 650's and 3's. The carbon looks really good because its not that obvious unless you get real close. it kind of looks like satin black from a far. Trick is to line up all the weave so it all looks factory. And funny story: The owner of this 335 Convertible that I showed, took his car to the dealer b/x there was a part of the rubber seal between the roof parts stuck out, just not fitting together. When he took it in, the service adviser told him, "sorry you have to pay for the repair, since you took off the trim and replaced it with the carbon fiber trim, we cant warranty it". He said, "hey dumbass, its a f-ing sticker!" Oops, ok we'll fix it for you. Typical BMW service haha.

Guest ramirez330i

I would love to have this done on my car. Any details on where I can order or how I can remove the trim and do it myself? This would look great with my carbon fiber mirrors and pillars.

Archived