99 RX300

twotint

First one I have tinted and I messed up the rear coating. Does anyone know if it could be compley removed or polished? I did the same thing as any other car, soft scrubbing pad and razor on the fronts. The fronts are fine but the rear coating has light scuffs you can only see in floresent light or at a crazy angle outside.

Guest fredstinting

the marks in the window had to be there before you tinted the car. dont worry about it unless the customer says something. then tell them you didnt notice anything until you installed the window film and you have never seen marks on the factory tint maybe they need to talk to the lexus dealer about the defects in the glass .

I don't think I've ever seen a white scuff pad mark up factory coating unless the pad was dirty. the scuff's may have been there before and cleaning the windows allowed you to see them. :lol

However is the custy complaining about the scuff marks?

That's what is crazy I even use a lighter pad then the white it's like a rough towel.

the marks in the window had to be there before you tinted the car. dont worry about it unless the customer says something. then tell them you didnt notice anything until you installed the window film and you have never seen marks on the factory tint maybe they need to talk to the lexus dealer about the defects in the glass .

They called me after the film dried that is when they noticed them.

yeah, you would have to try to mess up the coating, chances are it's just more noticeable with the tint on it.

I agree

Archived