06 4 DR. Cobalt

Guest spooled50trim

Guest spooled50trim

Just finished a 4 dr cobalt earlier today, but when I was finishing the bg I noticed that the locks were unlcoking and locking evey few seconds or so. I did spray the dr door down and noticedthe switch had been wet. Pulled the switch out and triedto dry it as much as possible efore the customer came to pick up their vehicle. Anyone else run into mysterious locking issues on cobalts or chevy in general. I did a search and couldn't find anything, however on other cobalt forums it is a comon problem when the swtich on the driver master goes out it will show the same symptoms. Am waiting for it to dry or forking out the change on a new lock switch? Should I have pulled the panel on this one?

I have seen door locks on a car tend to flutter when the battery is just about dead before. Had you had the key on and the doors open for quite awhile the battery may have been almost dead. Usually by this time the car wouldn't have started and you would have had to either charged the battery a bit or gotten a jump box to start it. :lol2 Just a thought.

Guest spooled50trim

Customer did drive it home, I will give them a call tomorrow on the issue. I did think it was the battery several times and started it when I heard the noise but to a surprise battery was fine. Im gonna use the liner as a shield next time thanks for the tip. I looked up the switch and its roughly 15 bucks so if worst comes to worse.

Archived