Computer Cuts vs. Hand

Guest chefwong

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never tried a computer cut, but I have tinted enough windows to know that even on the same car, no two windows are exactly the same. Hand cut will produce better results when manufacturer's tolerances are stretched to their limits, or when vehicle age leads to shifting glass, pealing seals, etc.

We've never really experience "gaps" on sides. But top edges are not the same from one side to the other on cars. The computer cut patterns can be extended on any side if need be. We usually extend them slightly on the bottom. Then once the film is on the glass it can be slid up over the edge of the glass. Then you can run your olfa across the top for that perfect cut. Then slide the film down slightly so you've got a nice top edge. :thumb Works well.

But I can still cut a pattern myself that's better than any pattern a computer could ever cut.

Amen Brotha...even though we have 8 other very experienced installers, I still don't like installing their patterns. I prefer my own. Even though they cut great patterns, I know exactly what I'm installing when it's mine. :booga My own comfort zone I guess.

Archived