Computer Cuts vs. Hand

Guest chefwong

Guest SQUEEGEE
I don't know why people or consumer's think that computer cut would be better than hand cut. :lol6

Just because we are in the computer age does not mean everything can be duplicated and made more efficient with a computer.

How or where did this computer program get this pattern for each window???

Yes, from somebody who hand cut a pattern.  I don't think they have a scanner which measures the area of a window that can be tinted.  :lol

Another key word of advise.  The INSTALLER is the only thing that will determine a good tint job from a bad one.  It is a skill level that can only be mastered through time and repetition. 

Don't get misled by these new shops opening where they advertise that they use computer cut film.  Chances are you are getting a job from someone less qualified.

There are some exceptions but this is my general observation.

All of Computer Cutz patterns must have the Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles seal of approval.

:lol

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
take it that nobody FILES the top edges around here ?

I have 1600 hundski grit sand papers on the bottom of a shoe I keep on the shelve. thats what I use for fileing. I throw it a people if they get outa controll in the shop also :lol

Guest Litespeeds

Filing is an upgrade and we usually charge an extra $20 per window. Why give it away for free when it takes extra time for the film to dry before you can file? There is always a chance that the file can catch the film and tear it so given the risk and extra time involved to file, that justifies the extra price.

Most of our customer's are fine with a 1/16" gap.

I have also used my Olfa to microedge the film but again, there is a chance for mistake if the film is not dried enough.

Guest GLAREMASTERS1
I've heard that hand cuts are better than computer cuts as there is a slight *gap* with computer cuts. Can anyone confirm ?

HAVE BEEN DOING IT BY HAND FOR 4 YEARS WE ORDERED A MACHINE AND DID NOT LIKE IT. IT EITHER CUTS TOO LONG OR TO SHORT OR DOESENT EVEN FIT. OF THE TWO OF US THAT WORK IN THE SHOP WE FOUND IT A BIG WAST OF TIME :lol

I thought computer cut would make life easier but it just frustrates you since the top edge is usually off. And also for back glass's, if burn the edge, it's over since you can't cut away the burn. I'm sticking to hand cut from now on.

Filing is an upgrade and we usually charge an extra $20 per window.  Why give it away for free when it takes extra time for the film to dry before you can file?  There is always a chance that the file can catch the film and tear it so given the risk and extra time involved to file, that justifies the extra price. 

Most of our customer's are fine with a 1/16" gap.

I have also used my Olfa to microedge the film but again, there is a chance for mistake if the film is not dried enough.

Very interesting differences in international markets Lite.

Auto installs throughout Australia have to be:-

1. Absolute top edge.

2. One piece wherever practical.

3. Metal and not pigmented.

and lastly, have a bs lifetime warranty.

Offer anything else eg. gaps and you are considered sub-standard and asking to pay more for a better quality fit is a no no. (I'm with you though for trying value adding)

Devil

Archived