Ford Windstar

andrew0257

I have encounter something new today. I purchased a 2002 Windstar to work out of and and of course the first thing is to tint it. The rear window just kept rolling up on me. I heated and pulled and it just got worse, so I snatched it off and cleaned the matrix with lacquer thinner thinking there must be something on it causeing the film not to stick. Tried it again and same issue, WTF? Has any one ran into this? What can I do?

I know this is an old thread but all I can say is it was prob due to the thick matrix, grids, and the massive amount of top to bottom bow in the glass. I really tested the limits of how much Llumar ATC will shrink on the one I did today. There were about 5 or 6 fingers on both the top and bottom edge that you could put your fist in. The film got to a point where it just wouldn't shrink anymore, and I was pulling everything towards the middle to shrink as much film as possible. I had to hit a few leftover darts on the install. As far as making it stick I went over it with a pot scrubber to thin down the lines, and just made a pass over the border. It turned out nice but holy crap it took awhile. (Dry shrink, H tacked about 3 or 4 inches below center, and shrunk for a good 30 minutes.)

Archived