Buy XPEL ULTIMATE

Completely feel what you are saying. No arguements here on where you are installing and do not take what you are saying as arguing at all. It's just a different point of view. Can only go by what experience you have and in the area that you are. For us, our install company does between 30-45 cars a day. around 12ish on saturdays. 12" material is a result of cutting 48" rolls. That's really the only reason they exist. For us, we rather have a "standard" of coverage because we know that 12" coverage doesn't protect enough. We deisgn 3 different packages for dealerships so they have options on what to pitch. You are lucky when a customer doesn't get sticker shock from the initial quote on a std kit alone. then the possible price haggleing they will do.

Just some food for thought on packages. The more options you offer, the more the consumer has to think about. The more the consumer has to think about, the less likely they are willing to pull the trigger. The best example of this is Lexus. They set their models up to have two packages. that's it. one has some things, the other has all the bells and whistles. If you compare their sales to lets say MB or BMW, before the Tsunami hit, Lexus lead the pack in luxury sales for a bunch of years. Only reason why they lost ground in 2011 was because the Tsunami caused inventory and production issues. But if you compare the options, there are so many for both BMW and MB, I don't have enough fingers to count them all. It comes back to a basic business principle. KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid. Basically keeping it simple so even a dumb dumb can understand. So when you offer more options, yes, you will have a possible higher sale, but not higher "sales". Packages need to be easy for the dealerships to sell cause they have a hard time selling it as is. Some areas get better penetration than others. Dealership jobs come down to who is selling it. A really good FNI guy can pump out a good volume of jobs. And even more if they believe in the product. It's our job as installers or at the dealerships, the FNI guy, to educate the consumer cause we are the experts. I don't think that a customer should have to be educated on film through experience of minimal coverage.

So again, just a different approach to clear bras. Adam, if you are seeing success with your current structure, I would keep doing it. You see value in doing it that way. I only wonder how many 12" you've actually done to make it worth your wild since you mentioned you mostly install 24" or full. Here in MA, the expectation is at least 24" in coverage. And it's very competitive in pricing. again, just a difference of opinion. No jabs at all. all of this info helps other installers have less growing pains and sheds some light on how complex our ppf industry really is. And I'm sure you can attest, it isn't for the faint of heart.

Well said Jamie. It's nice to hear other's input as it expands my knowledge and allow me and other's to think about things differently.

I love the KISS (keep it simple stupid) approach......

Now as time went on and goes on I am seeing less and less of 12" requests for my area's. Pittsburgh customer's seem to ask about lesser coverage than my Atlanta customer's.

Thanks for the input !!!!!

Talk soon.

~A

Archived