Any opinions?

Guest Sprinter

no ones going to wait for you to get the tint ordered they want it now!

how many kits will you have to hae sitting around till someone comes in with that exact car?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After looking at their website, I am positive that this will fail.

I say this based on years of experience like many of you here as well.

My reasons are thus:-

Computer cut kits cannot custom fit each car out there. Windows can vary in the way their wear and tear affects the regulators and the position they roll up into the frame.

Fixed rubbers are not all the same especially with 1/4 vent glass.

Even tops of the glass are not always a carbon copy of each other.

If the installer screws a sheet, where's the spare and expertise to cut another?

What if the model is ever so slightly different to the one supplied for the car? This happens on a regular basis where an external mirror might be design updated that makes the front door glass bigger or smaller.

3rd brake lights are often redesigned on the same model making for new positioning on the tint. Even dot matrix can vary from model to model and is changed regularly.

What is the shop going to say to the client? Come back in a few days and I'll have the right film this time? :hmmm Or the goose installing the tint has just wrecked the attempt and we'll have to get another back glass.

Sorry the back glass liner has tunnelled and dried out the adhesive. Don't worry about the line...it's a feature of computer technology.... so is the crease supplied in the film and don't be concerned about that distortion line in the film, it will go away. :hmmm

This breaks new ground where a manufacturer gets into our bed and this goldilocks would be none too happy about this new direction. Thank goodness this new direction will probably stay in the US.

Put this down to "it seemed a good idea at the time."

Devil

:hmmm

Guest H?perOptik

I believe such an idea was meant to cut down time in cutting out the pattern, to allow the installer to focus on the application. JMO. but I can see the downside of it as well...

this looks like a lead in into the DIY scene... :hmmm

We'll have to wait to see if this idea works for them, but in the meantime, it's just another issue responsible tinters will have to contend with.

I quote the brochure..."No need to pay the high wages of a skilled film installer". :shock

We'll have to wait to see if this idea works for them, but in the meantime, it's just another issue responsible tinters will have to contend with.

I quote the brochure..."No need to pay the high wages of a skilled film installer". :thumb

This is still B.S. :thumb:DD

I just don't get how they think the DIY, or lame installation pursuit, is good for them long term. They are friggin idiots these morons running the film companies. They lose respect for their product every time some butcher slaps some gila on his SPAM. We are the ones that have to battle the constant bad percetion of the industry, and they keep piling the crap on thicker. So they can all blow me. Every last friggin one of the losers. :bling

Archived