New UK Tint Law Part 2

Guest Tint Bob

Guest Tint Bob

Well first the good news.

I had a letter via my MP from the under secretary at the dept of transport confirming that there are no laws regarding tint on the B pillar back and that there are no plans to introduce laws. :lol

Now the bad news. :lol

My friendly Policeman phoned today to say he has met the guy from VOSA (new name for the VI) This guy is gonna visit window tinters in the south and "inform" them of the change in regs, he is then gonna serve a notice of Prosecution that if you/we fit film to the front doors below 70%VLT we will be liable for prosecution as well as the driver of the vehicle.

My friendly copper is p***ed as he "offered" his car to be zapped with the meter (35 fronts 20 rear) and of course the meter said his fronts were 30% VLT, now his supervisor is giving him serious s**t to get the fronts removed, of course it will be FOC by us. I have offered to re-do with 50% (considering) as he said, it would be very unlikely for anybody to stop him. :rollin

Well there you go Blairs Government, the Police have so much time on their hands what with no crime left for them to detect :hmmm

As our friends across the Atlantic say "That's my 2 cents worth!"

Tint Bob (UK)

Sorry to here that, but at least you get to tint the front doors. They at least let a 70%vlt better then nothing.

You at least have the understanding of a police official. Remember it's the officers discretion to pull some one over. If that one police officer thinks its a stupid law thats one less to worry about.

I live in Ohio were the law is 50%. The most popular film I sell is 35%. Every cop that has ever stepped foot in my door has gotten this film or darker. (since there above the law). But I haven't seen anyone get a ticket for 35% in over 5 years.

Guest sdtintin

dam im getting fed up with this crap from the dam government I cant wait till I leave this dam cold wet country for a new life in the sunny usa ,im gunna keep layin that tint on no matter what ive got kids to feed and a mortgage to pay ,every1 ive spoken to so far doesnt realy seem bothered by the crap new law so until they start to worry about it then im not gunna :rollin

Guest fimmo

legal loophole number 1--- either tint legal or do this cause I am !!! have you noticed the amount of car accessories that are available that say 'not for road use' I.e spoilers in halfords,all kinds of neon lights,alloy pedals,certain race prepared exhaust systems??? when the shop states that these arent for 'raod use' that means they are warning you not to use that product on the open road! now, I am supplying 70% tint (very very light!!) I also supply 50% as the law stands they can only advise you that your windows are illegal! at this level they dont serve you a prohibition notice to remove tint! this is quoted from a new scottish car magazine!!! or if you are asked to fit 35% to the front then on the receipt clearly state that the car is not legal for road use and is for 'show use only'! that way the onus is on the owner of the vehicle not the tinter! THERE IS NO LAW TO SAY THAT WE CANT FIT WHATEVER TINT WE WANT TO OFF ROAD OR SHOW VEHICLES! if the owner then decides to drive the car on the road with that tint on then it's up to them! like I say I only supply 50 or 70% but I do occasionaly fit 35 and 20 but these are for REAL show cars and are driven to shows on transporters!! this is how I got to know about it! just make double sure you explain the law to the customer and if they still want 35% on the front get them to sign the receipt saying they understand it's for SHOW USE ONLY! hope this helps!