Best method to book in a customer.

How does everyone book there clients cars in for tinting? Google calendars? pen and paper? automated with yellow schedule? 

What is the best method to book clients in. I know Dynamicappearance mentioned yellow schedule, I really like the idea, but how do u manage booking in a 7 window kia optima vs 7 window lexus is250 which takes more time. I can do the optima in 1 hour by myself, how does the software compensate and know I can book more vehicles in.  Or booking in a 2 window frameless wrx that takes 15 minutes to tint  vs two window 2 window corvette that is more time consuming. How do you make sure the software fills in all the gaps and making sure not to overbook.

How does everyone book there clients cars in for tinting? Google calendars? pen and paper? automated with yellow schedule? 

What is the best method to book clients in. I know Dynamicappearance mentioned yellow schedule, I really like the idea, but how do u manage booking in a 7 window kia optima vs 7 window lexus is250 which takes more time. I can do the optima in 1 hour by myself, how does the software compensate and know I can book more vehicles in.  Or booking in a 2 window frameless wrx that takes 15 minutes to tint  vs two window 2 window corvette that is more time consuming. How do you make sure the software fills in all the gaps and making sure not to overbook.

We did Google Calendar at first and it is okay, but wanted a system to automatically contact the customers.  So we went to Book Fresh (now owned by Square) and it worked great for a short time.  We started having issues where it would not notify customers.  We contacted them and they admitted it is an issue they have.  So we switch to Yellow Schedule which is one of the more expensive ones out there, but it is virtually flawless.  We have it setup online so they can book their own appointments which is great if you have a website.  Roughly 50% of our appointments are from online and honestly it seems they are more consistent with coming in versus the ones we enter.  We have it set up to send a text 24 hours in advance along with one 1 hour in advance.  The customer can respond yes to confirm or no to cancel.  We also use it to communicate with the customers if they can't answer the phone.  We then send a text 24 hours after thanking them for choosing us.  We have appointments setup at 1 hour 30 minutes by default.  We will adjust them if it is only 2 windows or a more difficult job.  So say if the set the appointment online and we know it is a vehicle we remove door panels, we will add 30 minutes to the appointment.  Sometimes you won't know what you are getting until it is there, but we rarely have an issue with overlapping or delays.  I highly recommend it for the communication portion alone.

Archived