Are they from the same Maxpro factory?

I am very suspicious about the whole MaxPro -- Rayno -- ASWF situation. Why? Because it is happening on the quiet.... And good luck to them if it results in better quality products.

Possible alignment among the three to gain greater knowledge of quality production results and greater capacity for a strategic go at the US market??

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very suspicious about the whole MaxPro -- Rayno -- ASWF situation. Why? Because it is happening on the quiet.... And good luck to them if it results in better quality products.

Possible alignment among the three to gain greater knowledge of quality production results and greater capacity for a strategic go at the US market??

Rayno gal going over to Maxpro

Maxpro guy going over to ASWF

ASWF guy going over to Xpel

These days, few stayed in the same manny till end like Master Smartie.

Good morning GTS(or evening) and Happy New Year Sir. Holidays were pretty good. I'm hope yours were good also. Beautiful place you live in. :jealous

I can understand your worries with all the hidden information about what is really going on. And I can assure you I have NOTHING figured out. I am just lucky enough to not be as affected as others, as I am just a small time shop not pushing out the film numbers of the bigger shops. I have done the film shuffle a few times(tried almost everything) and have come to realize that we really don't know who's doing what.

Llumar... So many changes I can't keep up. No thanks.

MaxPro before? who were they really? Not that great before, Now they have this shiney new facility.

ASWF having longevity and coat issues,,, they get new machines. Right about the time MaxPro opens the new plant in NC. Now ASWF says they have aquired a bunch of new machines from Southwall and have fixed all the issues they were having.

Rayno is still new to me, but I'm sure they have a hand in somewhere.

And the list goes on and on and on I'm sure.

I used to worry about "core product" UP. In other words, who has ALL the components. Not so much a concern anymore, as I think they all use each other for something.

I think the distribution part is becoming bigger than who builds the film from the ground up. And manufacturers or laminators will have to keep up with dyes and adhesives, they have too, or go under from a bad rep.

Side note: do you realize it only takes minimal changes to achieve your own patent and protection for a product? All you have to do is make your own minimal changes to an existing product, and it can.. Quote,,, become yours.

As I said before, I have the luxury(if you can look at it that way) of not putting out the amount of film as he huge shops. Therefore, I am not buying as much film from these "people". Making it a little easier on me, when there are issues, to switch to a different distributor and keep right on rolling. Because of the fact there are soooo many distributors out there with someone's film. Now if I was bigger or was wanting to be a film distributor, I might continue on the other path of figuring thing out. But for now, I'm happy where I am. So I guess I do have " a little " figured out. :D

As I told a rep the other day, I had issues with your film, issues enough to make me look at other films. I did my research on performance numbers and cost of film and QUALITY OF PEOPLE DISTRIBUTING THE FILM. At that point all I can hope, is that I am being sold a film that will keep up, and that my distributor will HELP, not hurt me in my process.

Sorry for the long post, I haven't talked much "shop" over the holidays. Guess I'm warming up for the New Year. :heh

Always a pleasure chatting with you and learning from you.

Cheers Mate,

Jason

WE can talk if you want. I may help with some of those questions :thumb

Theres no strategy other than getting a better price to dealers with a equally the same or better product. But profits fall, but profits have been falling which is why now they are joining forces because of eastman buying everyone out. I thought this whole checkered effect would have started by now. 

Rayno gal going over to Maxpro

Maxpro guy going over to ASWF

ASWF guy going over to Xpel

HERE AND THERE EVERYONE ENDS UP AT THE SAME PLACE. REALLY THEY NEVER LEFT :lol

Problem is with top manu's, is that their dealers pay the price, keep funding these companies that 

find ways to get more money out of you for a "better" product, when in the end you are getting the

same thing you always been buying. 

I recommend buying from smaller distributors and mannies, you will get a more "personal" service and 

product direct approach. Not to advertise us "SolarTint WIndow Films" but other smaller not so well known

in the market. Just sayin

Hey there STWF,

I agree with much of what you have stated..  However, It does pay to deal with someone whom has been in the supply game for a long time and been through the highs and lows.

Longevity is the most important factor in many areas of the world. Most areas.

STWF, I hope you make it through the roller coaster and out the other side. Only then will you see the rewards.

For the installer, it comes down to being able to get a balance of products that suite their businesses choices, then using that to create a great and profitable business. And as you say, marketing and name changing creates a new way for manny's to charge more... It's BS!

Just find the products that will last, with good marketing material, from a supplier that backs you 100%...

If that is a small guy, or a big guy, it doesn't matter at the end of the day.

I think their is more than meets the eye with the whole MaxPro, ASWF, Rayno relationship... In fact I know more...  And I am not sure that the end result will be products that last. Just a saturation of the market of films that are from 'wherever'.

I just want to state that I know very little of Rayno, so I hope my comments are not negative towards them. I do know that people involved at a high level with all of these companies read this forum... They just don't post. Shame.

Cheers.

I have run across people in town telling me during our encounter that when hearing of my leaving they were stunned. My closest colleague for years has since retired as well. Those younger and knowledgeable are now commissioned to carry the weight.  :thumb Never thought freedom for from the daily grind would feel this good. I now have a chance at living to one hundred.  :lol

I have run across people in town telling me during our encounter that when hearing of my leaving they were stunned. My closest colleague for years has since retired as well. Those younger and knowledgeable are now commissioned to carry the weight.  :thumb Never thought freedom for from the daily grind would feel this good.

No Master Smartie, what happened to you is because you cost more than an Asian.

Experienced Asian lulu managers lived cosy lives in the same position for almost 2 decades, getting kicksbacks from distributors to replenish their lower pay (against US counterparts like Master Smartie). They just get really stressed a few days a year during meetings in St. Louis.

In recent years, the Lulu leadership is helmed by an paradropped outsider who know nothing about our industry and film basics. Together with his corrupted managers, in the past 24-months:

- In Korea, they lost dyed films market share

- Philippines rebelled and included Nexfil into their product line

- Sales in China declined because distributors sell counterfeits along with real tints and dealerships in lulu,VK and HO dropped 10%

- They don't understand the market environment and create confusion after takeover;combined Lulu and Sunny sales dropped after the takeover.

Master Smartie, life is not that simple, cheap is not always better.

what goes around comes around

I cannot imagine that they are so stupid to lose you - You are a guru in our trade.

Archived