Tinting c6 rear glass

First post here and with that being said it’s gonna be about one of the trickiest of windows to do, the c6 rear glass. My last vette which was my personal I had done at a shop before I got into tinting like I am now. Now I have another vette since I sold my last one and when I bought this ones it was previously tinted with 35%, I stripped it and cleaned the glass accordingly. Was finally able to get the side windows done after multiple attempts trying to shrink them but I was able to catch on with what I had to do to make it all work and they turned out awesome. Now the rear glass which I have tried twice now and can’t seem for the life of me get the tint to shrink like it should. I’m using suntek carbon and am shrinking towards the factory edge which is the top and bottom on my 40” roll. I’m using the dry method with a dryer sheet and using a glove. What do you do about the fingers that run upwards on the side? I tried to pull them to the rear and front so they were inline with the grain but ended up with one huge finger which I was able to slowly get down while shrinking, but I’m not sure if this is the correct way or not. As for an anchor, the second time I really didn’t use any anchor but the first time I used a “u” anchor which starts and ends in the front corners of the glass and goes though the middle of the glass. Should I just make the anchor straight across? Any help or tips would be appreciated, I’ve done multiple vehicles in the past which aren’t bad but I had some downtime these last few days and figured I’d start on my vette and now I’m here haha! 

Thanks!

This vehicle is a tough vehicle, everyone has there own methods on heating the back window, i always split it down the middle and then wet the sides like.  all you can do is heat slow and take you time.

To be honest you're gonna probably waste an entire roll (maybe two)till u can actually do one half decent, especially if you had to do the sides multiple times. Many tinters need years of experiences and hundreds of vehicles under the belt just to master this vehicle.

Watch the video on this thread and try to copy what the man does 

Edited by blackoutauto

Awesome! I’m on my second roll, about half way through. I understand it’s a learning curve but I want to learn and get this one under my belt. It being mine and winter time I have the time I need to learn. Thank you again for the reply and the video! 

On 15/01/2018 at 1:26 PM, redgar826 said:

Awesome! I’m on my second roll, about half way through. I understand it’s a learning curve but I want to learn and get this one under my belt. It being mine and winter time I have the time I need to learn. Thank you again for the reply and the video! 

how did u make out with the back glass?

Haven’t tried it for the last week or so. I took my vette back up to my personal garage for storage for the winter since I’ve had some steady jobs lined up. Once I catch another small break or slow day I’ll get it back down to the shop and keep at it! I wanna try the ryker shrink method next. I’ve been dry shrinking using dryer sheets but plan to try the soap method since it seems to work easier. I’m just at a loss for as to how to anchor the film for shrinking. I’ve tried the “u” going to the front corners, and the “H”. Maybe just make a straight line across the center and let the sides loose?