Tint fixers

Guest Jesus Rodriguez

Guest Jesus Rodriguez

So I am wondering, I did a w Daniel Flynn of mine and I got it really damn clean for the most part, I literally prepped the window for like an hour straight using lights etc. I managed to get a huge piece of dirt I’m assuming that I could feel when I was squeeging. Is there anyway to poke a hole and pull it out without damaging. Or slicing a tin bit?.. pleasee

Guest Jesse Rodriguez
Just now, Guest Jesus Rodriguez said:

So I am wondering, I did a windshield  of mine and I got it really damn clean for the most part, I literally prepped the window for like an hour straight using lights etc. I managed to get a huge piece of dirt I’m assuming that I could feel when I was squeeging. Is there anyway to poke a hole and pull it out without damaging. Or slicing a tin bit?.. pleasee

Well, it's not standard practice to poke the film after it's installed ...

However, you can certainly try to poke at the center of the particle (tent) using a needle or stick-pin. Then, take a fingernail or hard card and carefully push the air pocket (tent) from its outer edge to the contaminate; continuing this process around the perimeter of the air pocket.

This should lay the film to the glass all around the piece of contamination, making it less obvious. Of course, this is presuming it's round in shape and not a fiber or hair like shape.

Trying to remove the particle once slitting or poking it will only lead to an obvious blemish with a light leak. It's definitely a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario.

This is what I can suggest without the aid of a picture to see precisely what you're dealing with.