Residential tinting options with Huper Optik Fusion or Ceramic

I have bad heat gain in my home during the summer months.  Windows are low e double pane andersens.  I contacted a tinting company which utilizes Huper Optik.  The options being recommended are:

Ceramic C35

Fusion F28

Fusion F20

Does anyone have any technical reasons why it would be best to choose one over the other?  They did install some small samples of each, but I don’t feel any are a bad choice aesthetically.  I would be doing a fair amount of glass so if you do have an opinion on looks, I am will to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks for any insight into this, having a hard time making a decision.

Mark 

1 hour ago, Mvanders said:

Windows are from 2009. Markings says “HP Low-E”.  

That's a good thing because it allows you to choose as dark* as you want among the selection provided. The downside is if you choose a darker film (usually indicated by a lower VLT), you may not like how dark your room(s) will be. This is due to the fact that HP lowE already screens anywhere between 30-47% of the visible light. EDIT: HP lowE also provides +/- 60% TSER performance. Presuming yours is HP lowE2. By comparison, lowE4 has a 94% TSER.

If it were me with your scenario, I would look toward Ceramic 45 (or C45). Why? Just look at the numbers on the attached chart and you will see the performance of C45 is slightly less than C35 on a dual pane system in terms of TSER (a couple digits different is negligible in this scenario), while providing a greater amount of visible light to transmit through (9 digits more is perceivable).

There is no cake and eat to in using window film; you must strike a compromise between solar rejecting performance and visible light transmission. C45 is the compromise I see in this situation. That said, if you are okay with running lights during the day, then the darker of the sample you gave would be the most effective in combination with your HP lowE glazing.

* The downside here would be the thermal stress placed on the seals that hold both layers of glass together in a dual pane glazing  system. This would lead to premature seal failure. The compromise (film) I've given seriously reduces the potential for thermal stress seal issues.

Best I can do for you. :thumb

huper ceramic.jpg

Edited by Tintguy1980