Cheap film and contamination

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody else has had issues using cheap films and controlling contamination?

I've been using a cheap film for learning purposes, each install I do with said cheap film I find random spots of contamination all over the film. 

I originally thought this could be due to my install method but then after I started using a better film (avery dennison) there was little to no contamination.

Is it just a conicidence or as anyone else noticed this?

All help is appreciated

Thanks!

Cheap film is hard to work with. 

It's with paper thin, curls too much, has lots of static, crappy scratch coat or all of the above if you're lucky. The inexpensive film that works is the Global HP. Shrinks like a dream. Bare minimum of marketing stuffed into the price of a good roll.

What does it take to be in the industry there? I would imagine some brands will have protected areas so as not to over saturate, but not all of them. I would call Express Window Films in the US and try to get some shipped. 

Thanks I'll definitely check them out! Finding work with an established company as a tinter is extremely competitive, especially if you're just starting out. I've only ever seen one trainee position that was somewhat accessible to me location wise and the listing was gone within the week. Given that the Australian climate is hot (especially in the summer) there is generally plenty of work to go around. I think the best bet for someone like me who is just starting in the industry is to begin with mobile tinting. I'm not the best person to ask on entry into the industry as I'm still learning but I know that there would be lots of work.