Air80 vs Stratos70 Windshield

I have Air80 on FWS, 35% on 4 doors, 5% on 3rd row and hatch. I am happy rejecting some solar energy and having no visibility issues at night. The 15% you have will make the FWS look darker I assume. During the day it would not be a big difference, only at night. I know a FWS ticket is $$, I didn't want to give a bored cop an excuse to pull me over. Or have the chance to notice the FWS while being pulled over for something else. The less I talk to cops the better. 

Edited by mikenot

What is your goal for the FWS? How much risk are you willing to take? I did not care to ask to meter it. Going darker can make it hard to see something on the highway when driving at night like, debris, puddles(hydroplane), potholes, I don't know about you but I drive fast and I need to see the road. 

I just wanted solar energy rejection, and UV protection for leather interior. 

Glare reduction primarily. I have a sedan in the country full of jacked up pickups with super bright headlights. I guess why I ask is I see a lot of people say factory glass is 70% then air80 (80%) would be like 70x0.8 = 56% which seems pretty dark. Does that sound accurate to you?

thanks

Im in TX, plenty of of what you mentioned. While I do sit higher in an SUV, glare reduction is not improved much at all with what I have. My 80% is almost clear, not dark at all. With all tint, it adds a bit of reflectivity from the outside, which I notice makes it slightly harder to see from the outside looking in, in the form of a glare not darkness. At the end of the day, it's not permanent, it's only money!

Yeah that’s a very fair point to a degree I’m probably overthinking it. I don’t see really significant glare reduction until you get into much darker tint. Like you I think visibility for me is more important living in the country. I’ll probably see what the specs list the differences between 70% and 80% and then double check with the tinter as to what they recommend. Likely will end up with 70% with a strip along the top. Air80 seems to be much more popular, not sure if it’s due to performance or the difference in cost being so much more for the stratos. 
thank you