Where do these ppl come from???

Ok, so a couple of months ago a customer walks in to get a price on tinting her old POC grand am.('92-93...something like that) I give her a quote and she starts complaining about the last tint job she got at the competition..."the tint looked terrible at the top of the back window, it all turned silvery" I dont like to run down my competition so I explained to her the situation with dot matrix and how I can't really say anything about that tint job because I didnt see it..."but this is what I do with the dots......"

"So I wont have a problem with the tint looking bad at the top?" Again I explain the nature of the dot matrix and tell her that I would make them look as good as I could...at the same time explaining that the border on those cars are a really light grey color and that it will really show up when it is tinted (she wanted limo....yay). She says thats not a problem as long as the dots will lay ok. So she makes an appointment and I do up the car the next week.

She calls me yesterday complaining that "the tint around the dots turned all silvery". I tell her to bring the car in and let me take a look at them to see if they may only need a quick squeegie or something. She came in this morning and I tell her to drive the car right in. I look at the back window and think she must have brought the wrong car.....the dots are laying perfectly!! She says look how the tint is all silvery. :lol6:spit I point out the fact that I told her the dots were going to look grey compared to the tint but she says thats not the problem...its the tint looking silvery.

Ok...so short story long...I take a few pics and tell her that I am going to show them to a few collegues and see what they think...so here ya go...what do you think? what would you do with this customer??? She is going to be coming back later on this week and thinks she should get her money back! :trustme:gasp

DCP_0039.jpg

DCP_0042.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Job looks excellent. You told her everything she needed to know about the ceramic dot matrix and edge. :trustme Not to mention that the darker you go the more it WILL show up the edges as "silvery". Customer seems unreasonable and wants something for nothing. :gasp I dont deal with those type of people, I send them down the road. Period!

Thanks for the feedback guys....I just thought maybe I was going crazy :lol2 . This is the second person in a week that has said this same thing and the dots looked the same on that car too! :lol2

There is no way she is gettin her money back :lol2

Looks good to me.

Any tips on how you get it to lay down so well??

Just sand it and glue it. :lol2:lol

Archived