What do you charge?

I am interested in what detail shops charge in areas of the country. Anyone want to chime in on what they get for a full detail.

In able to compare apples to apples include the retail price for a complete detail. Assume the vehicle is just a standard detail, without major problems.

It would also be good to know if you are in a large town, how much competition you have, how many employees, etc.

I'll start.

We charge $160 for a car. $ 185 for trucks, SUV's and $195 for Minivans

I have 5 full time detailers and I spend at least a few hours a day detailing too.

Also 1 part timer and a secretary.

I live in a town of 20,000 people and there are two other shops that are smaller than mine. One charges about the same and one charges alot more, but does very little business(a pro football player retired and decided to be a detailer)

I think my prices are a little low, but always get a big backlash when they go up. (7 years ago a full detail on a car was $95. Dont know how I survived!)

What about you guys?

Dealer prices are 160.00 cars vans trucks,suburban and cargo and crewcab or dually trucks 200.00.add 25.00 per panel for watersanding.Retail 175.00 car van truck..automatic add 25.00 for dog hair, red mud,sand or if not in average condition.suburbans 250.00 crewcabs 225.00 cargo vans somewhere same price as those 2.We have a package called the" Special" :lol Wash, polish ,complete interior detail, windows ,tire protectant :lol Cars and small trucks125 -145 lrg cars and trucks 135 to 150....Suburbans and duallys 200.00 0nly 1 out of 10 will not take the special and this is our money maker :lol6 Have 2 full timers,one partial part timer Saturdays...I tint in the front half,and detail or at least do a complete interior or exterior everyday when not tinting or vinyl /leather repair :lol6

We have 7 dealers that drop cars off anytime,so never any down time xcept Christmas/Thanksgiving..70,000 people Me and one shop across town"Friend" have ads in phone book...was 12... :lol 2 years ago :lol 3 now have just the fine print name and # with working #s7 years ago mine was 125.00 I ate great until wife had baby and stopped working :hmmm 600.00 a week working for a racing manufacturer sitting on her butt as a department head :lol 6 months later,Im not going back and thats... that :lol .... :lol6:lol6 Time to raise prices..lost some business...but now that most have folded ...there back :lol:lol:lol

Guest car wash hockey players

I wish I could charge those prices. 150 for a detail. 200 max on any vehicle, and those are canadian prices. I have three shops and do work for 17 dealers, from 60 bucks to 140 max. Detail only. sorry for the late input. Been busy. :bingo

TB - my wife just had a kid too and is taking a year off of teaching. So I hear what you are saying. Time to raise prices. do you let your customers know in advance about extra charges, like dog hair?

Always when possible, check out the car before taking the keys. Unless it's a repeat customer.

NEVER pop a bunch of added charges on them without previous notice. Unless you're trying to screw them over and not have them come back. That's just looking for an argument. Wouldn't you be mad if someone told you 150 and you pick it up and it's 175 or 200?

If nothing else, you missed them, didn't see it, or whatever....Pick up the phone and call them ahead of time so there's no surprise and you've given them the chance to say no. That's IMHO

Hey fellows...time to catch up. :lol ..if a phone up I say the 25 xtra in my sales pitch...and any retail customer that drops off I greet and meet unless gone ,I have ate the 25 a few times even thou its posted directly at face level along with prices as soon as you step inside :lol6 Dealers know the deal...I havnt taken on any new dealer accounts in almost a year because the ones that always have nasty pig pins would argue :lol6 and I always won :thumb

Guest WASHBOY

hand wash-20

hand wash n was - 70

complete interior $65

complete Exterior $90

Complete Detail $150

Ultimate detail $250

Pricing can change depending on size of the vehicle.

Archived