cheaper masking tape

Speaking of "cheap" masking tape,

I read somewhere that 3M's "Scotch" brand name came from the fact that early on in the history of 3M they used to not put adhesive down the middle 3rd of the tape to save money. Someone said "why are you being so "Scotch" with this stuff and the name stuck.

Could be a myth, but it's funny. :lol6

BTW, I use tape from Wal-Mart or Sam's myself. Sometimes I use Masking tape, and sometimes I use duct tape. For masking tape, I use the "professional grade" of tape made by manco. Works well. :evilgrin

Speaking of "cheap" masking tape,

I read somewhere that 3M's "Scotch" brand name came from the fact that early on in the history of 3M they used to not put adhesive down the middle 3rd of the tape to save money. Someone said "why are you being so "Scotch" with this stuff and the name stuck.

Could be a myth, but it's funny. :beer

BTW, I use tape from Wal-Mart or Sam's myself. Sometimes I use Masking tape, and sometimes I use duct tape. For masking tape, I use the "professional grade" of tape made by manco. Works well. :evilgrin

Doesn't sound unreasonable. It could work on packaging and stuff I guess. I still haven't made it to Wally World. Maybe I will get my g/f to go there. She loves it. I hate it. :lol6

I found a brand of tape my parents keep on their trucks for body shops. Intertape I think. Works great and half the cost of MMM. Seems to hold as well or better then any of the green's or white's too. I will get the part number if anyone wants it.

Archived