How to remove wax?

Guest Wellington P Funk

:rollin the oil in the peanut butter along with the friction from the peanut butter and the brush will do the trick...sometimes it takes a few tries ...then go back with a revive type protectant, 75% silicone at least and do the process again...this should leave nothing but beautiful black trim :nope

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rjmlakota

tint bandit is correct. Peanut butter will work my brother details cars and that's what he uses. The 1st time I seen him with the peanut butter I said to him "what the fck are you doing"?? :beer

He proceded to tell me that it removes the wax from the plastic. If I did not see it with my own eye's :nope I would have never beleived it.

Ray

Guest SQUEEGEE

Hmmm. Who woulda thunk it?

I use peanut butter to remove chewing gum from my daughters hair.

Works like a charm and saves me the cost of a haircut.

:jerkit

Auto restoration and detailing products are getting out of hand price wise,so anything that works and we can eat it too..... :lol:lol I have a bunch of pics and advice to post when I get more than 15 minutes that will be great ,so stay tuned in the next few days :lol My son who's in a cast up to his knee ,thinks the sun rises on his azz right now ,,,but when he can walk again that whistle is going to be a piece he wont forget anytime soon :lol

Guest Wellington P Funk

Bandit,

Not to get impatient or anything (I know things haven't been as smooth as possible for ya lately), but I've seen your advice in the past and I know you've got some tricks up your sleeve for this one. I'm all slack-jawed and bug-eyed waiting for your advice on this man!

-Bob

Guest 2mossy

Ok - so everyone says Peanut Butter is the way to go. I'll try it. But how do you keep the stuff looking nice and shiny black?

Has anyone used black shoe polish? Will that hurt the finish?

thanks

Guest Wellington P Funk

Well, I finally solved my wax problems!

I was out shopping for some cleaning supplies for the house and I came across these Mr. Clean Eraser things. Got 2 for $1. When I got home, I dipped one in water and went to work on my doorhandles, and it took every spot of wax right off! Now mind you, this wax had been sitting on there for at least a month, and Jeep plastic is notorious for bonding the wax like it's painted on, so I was really impressed.

Only thing is that a few spots have some scrub marks where I really got into it with the Eraser. I kept the Eraser pretty wet, just so as not to scrape up the plastic too bad. Also, my raw plastic door handles seem to be a bit duller than before, but anything is better than the mottled white wax smudges!

-Bob

Archived