How do you price RV's

I have kind of a rough pricing scale for RV's. I know they are harder because of size, blinds, seals, and multiple other variables. Especially those @#$%^&* front windows and windshield. Do you guys have any set way to price out these jobs? I generally try to take a sq footage, check for anything harder then usual and somewhat price it as a flat glass job.

Just wondering. I have never priced any of these when working for others. And I personally have a crude way of doing it. :eyebrows

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, and go for 5-6 bucks/sq. ft minimum.

I generally don't go below $4.50 on anything period. I went to bid one a few weeks ago and the guy started cussing (literally) at 4.25. I dropped to 3.75 and told him I would be using dyed all around at that price. It was about $325 total at this low price. He still said he could get it done cheaper. I said "suit yourself, I'm not dropping my quality any more, and neither will I with the price". He called back wanting the work done but didn't know when. Then started cussing again when I told him to make sure he gave me at least a day or two heads up, and I would take care of it for him. I told him I didn't need his business, and he could take it somewhere else.

This is what lead to my research here. I didn't think I was out of line. But I only do a about 5 or 6 RV's a year and everyone seems happy.

Guest nautiboi73

I wish a customer would start to get an attitude with me. cussing and what not, yea right.

Last one was smart enoguh to do it over the phone so I just hung up in his face.

But I am a man and all persons will treat me as such, and with respect.

Guest Sprinter

I charge a flat fee per window its 30.00 per each piece of glass no matter how big or small it is if they have the kinds that are 3 or 4 slots with 4 inches by 22 inches they still get them done at 30.00 bucks per piece and visors are 40.00 per side or higher depending on the rv and how much it cost some ot the windshields really curve and some times they want 20 inch visors so there more!

figure your sq footage then count the pieces of glass and see what your charging per piece I think you'll find that the per piece price is better at 30.00 per than the sq foot pricing.

Archived