What's the best UV protection film??

reducing UV is great for fade reduction, but there is a LOT more to fading than just uv. 99.9 vs 95 vs 97 vs 94 is all the same in the whole jist of it. Any film is going to have uv fall off over time any how. It is a chemical inhibitor that stops the uv and as it continues to absorb and catch the heat and exposed to different types of interior lighting, it will have a reduction in uv protection. Use what you can get your hands on and look for a good warranty.

I greatly disagree. It does matter a lot how much UV is filtered out. 95% is about half as good as 99.5%. It is true though that depending on what you want to protect UV is only a small or a big portion of the problem (fading). I can confirm what metint said about the filmtype he mentioned loosing less than 1% over ten years. Those films work really well. There shouldn't be a shop window without it. For the owners it pays itself quickly. Easy to argue and proof and therefore to sell. By the way it also reduces algee buildup and keeps insects away.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vista vs61 blocks 99.9%, looks pretty good and is very light. Also I think it is backed by the american skin cancer foundation but I could b wrong.

[*]234240

Excerpt courtesy http://www.uv-shield.com/home.htm...

VISTA? UVShield? has been recommended by physicians nationwide as another skin safe preventative measure for patients with solar sensitivity, skin related diseases and cancers of the skin. VISTA? UVShield? carries the Skin Cancer Seal of Recommendation as a device for the protection of skin just like sunscreens that are applied directly to the skin. In fact Dermatologists, Pediatricians, Cosmetic Surgeons and General Practitioners nationwide have had VISTA? UVShield? successfully installed on the windows of their offices and homes.

If an individual has any type of sun sensitivity they want the highest level of protection available. UVShield? & VISTA? at 99.9% covers a wider range of UVA wavelengths than other films. :dunno

Guest tint goose

If you read the original post I dont think there looking skin cancer help as much as fade control ( I.e. we have 13 stores) so with that said 40% of fadeing is caused by UV 25% is caused by Light 25% is caused by Heat 10% by other ( poor dyes , inside lighting , arasols, and so on) so splitting hairs on 1%-.99% isnt going to matter just to let you know all of Solar Gards film are recomended by the skin cancer ins :dunno

If you read the original post I dont think there looking skin cancer help as much as fade control ( I.e. we have 13 stores) so with that said 40% of fadeing is caused by UV 25% is caused by Light 25% is caused by Heat 10% by other ( poor dyes , inside lighting , arasols, and so on) so splitting hairs on 1%-.99% isnt going to matter just to let you know all of Solar Gards film are recomended by the skin cancer ins :dunno

[*]234260

Sure enough, however, fading will stiil occur due to those other factors as well as from those wavelengths of UV that other films do not absorb. Therein lies the difference when looking for the finest in true UV protection irrespective of heat or light concerns.

If you read the original post I dont think there looking skin cancer help as much as fade control ( I.e. we have 13 stores) so with that said 40% of fadeing is caused by UV 25% is caused by Light 25% is caused by Heat 10% by other ( poor dyes , inside lighting , arasols, and so on) so splitting hairs on 1%-.99% isnt going to matter just to let you know all of Solar Gards film are recomended by the skin cancer ins :evilgrin

[*]234260

Sure enough, however, fading will stiil occur due to those other factors as well as from those wavelengths of UV that other films do not absorb. Therein lies the difference when looking for the finest in true UV protection irrespective of heat or light concerns.

[*]234263

Me, I don't belive UV protection, sorry...

Leo,

Believe as you may...

My grandmother's last male companion (she's out lived three) suffered from cancerous skin lesions aggravated by UV. I installed film to their home and car windows and this man had fewer of these spots show up on his face and arms. :evilgrin

Leo,

Believe as you may...

My grandmother's last male companion (she's out lived three) suffered from cancerous skin lesions aggravated by UV. I installed film to their home and car windows and this man had fewer of these spots show up on his face and arms. :dunno

[*]235002

Hmmmm.... As we studied at school simple glass make the same job... :dunno:dunno:bingo

That would be UVB... in the past few years studies have found that UVA can cause as much if not more damage than UVB. And... glass doesn't take out all the UVB, most of it, but not all and none of the UVA. :bingo

Archived