micro edge?

Guest Tintbds-

Hey ECF every car is not the same.

You shouldn't limit yourself to any measure of edge.

For instance the Vw and Skoda have deep gaps for window edge.

I fact when the window is rolled up the gasket gap is about 1/2"

Whereas a suzuki or toyota the space is less than 1/4"

Then you have to consider doors with no frames like Subura legacy.

What I'm saying is that it vary from car to car in my view.

Don't limit yourself. :lol6:spit

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah thats what im going to do....on cars where I can get a nice micro edge im going to try and do it but some cars its just too tight....I was just trying to learn to get an edge over the best tinter around here.....I already have one because he dosnt heat shrink but he does relief cuts and I shrink:D

Guest Sprinter
yeah thats what im going to do....on cars where I can get a nice micro edge im going to try and do it but some cars its just too tight....I was just trying to learn to get an edge over the best tinter around here.....I already have one because he dosnt heat shrink but he does relief cuts and I shrink:D

[*]233243

by this post you have years ahead of him, he'll spend a couple of years of even trying to catch up to your skill level, don't fix it till its broke, leave a 1/8 to 1/16th of a gap till your customers really start to say well the guy down the street finishes his edges!

yes its nice to know how to do it, but if no one eles is doing it then your not getting the full value out of it by offering it free or just for a few buck more, the whole time taking you more time to tint your cars!

I've been micro edging since day one... on framed roll ups all I do is round off the corners of my kits so I can see the edge of the tint at the tops... it does take alot of practice. the way I leaned was just getting some scrap film and practicing... I can show you 100 times but you just got to try it your self...

I cant believe that some of you guys charge extra for it tho :nono ... why would you do that .. greed I supose :bling

I cant believe that some of you guys charge extra for it tho :bingo ... why would you do that .. greed I supose :bingo

[*]233509

That's easy to answer... It's an option here...I don't know about where your from...but here when 1 peice back windows started coming around...every tinter charged more money for it as an option until it became the "new standard".

I see this as no different.

Archived