Buick Rendezvous

Guest HeavyBreather

Guest HeavyBreather

There is some type of factory sorta pinkish coating in the windshield. I have seen this once before on anothe GM vam but I cant remember which one. Does anyone know what this is?

BTW on the buic it looks like hell , It comes nowhere near being uniform with the dot matrix

There is some type of factory sorta pinkish coating in the windshield. I have seen this once before on anothe GM vam but I cant remember which one. Does anyone know what this is?

BTW on the buic it looks like hell , It comes nowhere near being uniform with the dot matrix

[*]245146

It has a heat mirror film laminated between the glass layers... a product of Sothwall technologies, I believe? :krazy

Guest Al-tint

The Chevy Venture and the Pontiac Montana have the same. When I drive and wear my polarized prescription sunglasses and one of these comes toward me, they are as pink as a Barbie doll box. :krazy

Guest Sprinter

saw a windshield like that in the parking lot the other day and my wife says what are you doing and I say looking at this windshield it looks tinted but no apparant lines! was a little pink or purple!

[*]245146

It has a heat mirror film laminated between the glass layers... a product of Sothwall technologies, I believe? :dunno

[*]245152

My venture is like that, but I can't get it to heat like it should :bingo

Guest HeavyBreather

[*]245146

It has a heat mirror film laminated between the glass layers... a product of Sothwall technologies, I believe? :lol6

[*]245152

What is a heat mirror film?

Yeah, GM offers two versions of most of those windshields, they are called solar absorb, which is your standard solar tinted glass and solar coated which is designed to reject solar heat. Be ready to pay $800 for a sloar coat windshield though.

Archived