Home Depot

Ok, the scanner isn't hooked up yet. but I took a pic.... There were two seperate ads in the flyer, I just put then next together. I sniped the price. And if any customers are reading, you are going to be better served by seing your local film shop.

Oh, and don't mind the spilt tea and peanut butter stains...

Guest TintPoser

It's called a builder supply program. A company will approach home depot, commit them to a price, act as the installer, purchace the film, then only collect 85% of the bill. HD makes the rest. You have to be willing to support more than just a local shop.

I thought they only specialized in the DIY (destroy it yourself) market.

What a nightmare they are asking for.

Who actually goes out and sells the job? :lol

Who would handle all the paperwork, warranty claims, and especially glass breakage? :bingo

I'd love to see the returns counter at HD when a client comes in to return their tint, or even better get a window replaced due to glass breakage. :lol

I can just imagine the look on the ditzy clerk's face when someone comes in to ask about tint.

I tell my wife all the time, "everyone has a trade, leave it to a professional".

Thats why I don't paint or hang wall paper.

I know I can destroy anything and when I get the urge to do so I go shopping at HD, but when I want it done right which is all the time, I'll call a pro.

The same should apply to film as well! :trustme:lol

:bingo So... I guess they figure on competing against the likes of Gila tint... :trustme

[*]258035

Isn't Gila a division of CP??

Or is it that crap that supposedly ends up in the dumpster behind most film manufacturers plants??

It's called a builder supply program.  A company will approach home depot, commit them to a price, act as the installer, purchace the film, then only collect 85% of the bill.  HD makes the rest.  You have to be willing to support more than just a local shop.

[*]258091

:trustme

Lowe's does the same thing with other products... just not pro-installed film, yet.

Archived