Leasing a bay?

I have been looking for a bay to rent at local shops to try and get started in business. I know this is a tint forum but I know a lot of shop owners lease a bay to other professionals, so this question should apply to you guys well. I have an internet business selling performance parts and I'm looking to rent a bay to perform installation on products sold through the website as well as solicit more local work. A buddy of mine was at a local stereo/custom shop talking to the owner yesterday and he said he was looking for someone to do performance work for them. He said either an employee or he would rent space to someone to do this. So I could rent the bay from him and do my work out of there. This is a relatively well known shop in town for doing a lot of custom audio work, tint and wheels but not really performance. I mainly sell sport compact performance parts on my website but I manage a truck accessory shop full-time so I know a good amount about those products as well, they do more truck/suv work than anything else. My question is what is a typical price to rent a bay at a shop like this? I'm just curious of what you guys are charging and what is fair. Also, any pitfalls/benefits to doing this that anybody can contribute would be awesome!! Also, do you have a system set up for this and how is the process handled? I'm just looking for some feedback from someone who rents bays at their shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Jason

Guest nautiboi73

there is no way that we can tell you anything about what you should be paying for rent in the shop next to mine, a block down, other side of town, or where ever you are. You have to decide what is best for your business..

:lol6

I worked out a deal where I pay 5% of all my gross, capped at $400. All out of a custom audio, custom wheels, performance parts, and custom paint shop. Find the shop for you, where you business entities are sparate yet compliment the same crowd. That value to the owner exceeds the income from rent, therefore you have an advantage negotiating the terms.

Archived