VOIP: best thing since sliced bread

Guest SSC

we've been on the vonage bandwagon since november. I love it! if you have a cable modem, you must try Voice Over IP phone service.

it's cheap, it includes absolutely awesome features, the sound quality is indistinguishable from "traditional" phones, I hooked mine up in five minutes, and did I mention cheap? $15/month includes nationwide long distance!

okay... so the real reason I'm spamming about this.... I get two months of free service for anyone I refer to vonage. the deal is I send you a link, and if you use the link to sign up, I get free phone service.

so, check out www.vonage.com, if it looks interesting, PM me & I'll hook you up!

we now return you to your regularly scheduled tint discussions.

:nono

been thinking about it but I am not quite sure if I am ready as of yet

[*]259322

I was also wondering about it for about a year, actually. one of my friends got it, and at first I thought it was a phase. we finally took the "plunge" and I've liked from day one, although I wanted to give it some time before I told the world how much I've loved it.

only limitations I've seen:

you must register for 911 service.

there is no paper bill, they debit a card number every month (cc or check card). however you can still check your detailed call history online. it's usually updated within a few minutes of placing a call.

my favorite feature is the call forwarding. we use the simul-ring so the vonage number rings the house and my husband's cell phone at the same time. the best part is you make a change to any feature on the website and it goes into effect within minutes.

we make so many "local long distance" calls, we almost never used the land lines, always used cell phones. same for the business... this made it really annoying to have to pay so much for just a basic phone service. we find we use the "land" lines more often now because we don't have to think about where we're calling now and how much it's costing us.

I'll stop the commerical now. Mostly my issue was with my local phone company. In our area Sprint has a monopoly. It was a breath of fresh air to not be forced to use them anymore.

Guest tintslut
checked out vonage...seems cool but it says I cannot keep my phone number :thumb thats a no-go for me because wayyyyy too much marketing has gone into my phone number.

[*]259765

check out at&ts call vantage, they have a presence in more areas and may be able to port your # if

you dont have any special features on your phone line , like distinctive ring or a foreign exchange #.

its only 5$ more a month than vonage and has all the same features.