Remote Start and Alarm togeher

Guest union122

Guest union122

Hi all,

I am planning on installing a Compustar remote start unit to my car ( no chip key ). I already

have a viper 300 alarm on the car. I dont mind the dual remotes. I noticed the viper 300

has a bypassing sensor input option. Its a blue ( H1/16 ) wire. Is it simply a neg. input

trigger, so I wire the remote start neg. output on - to that bypassing sensor.

thanks,

Guest union122
Hi all,

I am planning on installing a Compustar remote start unit to my car ( no chip key ). I already

have a viper 300 alarm on the car.  I dont mind the dual remotes. I noticed the viper 300

has a bypassing sensor input option. Its a blue ( H1/16 ) wire.  Is it simply a neg. input

trigger, so I wire the remote start neg. output on - to that bypassing sensor.

thanks,

[*]271411

Manual states " There are times when you need to temporarily bypass all sensor inputs to the unit, such as when remote starting the vehicle. Anytime an auxiliary channel output is used, all inputs

Are bypassed for 5 seconds. During the 5 second bypass period, ground can be supplied to the H1/6 Blue wire without triggering the unit. When the 5 second bypass period ends, if the unit sees ground on the H1/16Blue wire, all trigger inputs except the door trigger input will remain bypassed unit 5 seconds after ground is removed from the blue wire.

This can be done using the status output of a 551T remote start unit as shown below. "