89 VW Jetta - Fuel Pump runs constantly

Guest KevinF69

Guest KevinF69

Hello there!

I am writing in regard to my 89 VW Jetta - 4 cylinder/auto. I recently changed the engine in the car and I cannot understand why the fuel pump wants to run non-stop. I've checked the ground wires and they all seem like they are hooked up and making good contact. The fuel pump runs constantly and I have gas running out of the exhaust manifold and some getting through the air lines, which in turn dumps it into the air filter box. I don't know what might be the culprit causing this problem. Any ideas would be extremely helpful.

Thanks a lot!

Kevin

Guest AsskickingDominator
Hello there!

I am writing in regard to my 89 VW Jetta - 4 cylinder/auto.  I recently changed the engine in the car and I cannot understand why the fuel pump wants to run non-stop.  I've checked the ground wires and they all seem like they are hooked up and making good contact.  The fuel pump runs constantly and I have gas running out of the exhaust manifold and some getting through the air lines, which in turn dumps it into the air filter box.  I don't know what might be the culprit causing this problem.  Any ideas would be extremely helpful.

Thanks a lot!

Kevin

[*]273223

OK IT only took forever. You should have a relay for both fuel pumps. #65 or look it up in a Haynes Manual or on the net will show you the location of the relay. It seems like its stuck although it should be impossible. Using a flat screwdriver you can take it apart and check the soldering for the big connector because they can melt when your filter clogs. If you customize it you can manually switch it on to test or prime your pumps in the morning.

dude thanks for the info - but I regret to inform you that you missed the other thread on this problem

this gentleman lived next door to guest and on new years eve this jetta mysteriously blew up.

The fire is still be investigated as a faulty fuel pump or a deranged neighbor named Uncle fireKracker

:spit If I find out anything else I will let you know

Archived