2003 Honda Accord Tint Scratches.

Guest ROCKSTEADY

Guest ROCKSTEADY

Hey guys, first of all let me say this is truly a great board. I found it on accident and I am glad that I did. There seems to be a lot of knowledgable people here.

Anyways, so I am one of the many people who have experienced the scratching of new tint in my Accord. I have read a few of the threads here, but have not found a specific answer.

As far as recourse goes, I know it depends on the shop. I am going to go back, for sure, and ask them if they will re-tint the vehicle at no charge.

My question is...What is the fix for this problem? What have you installers done in order to rectify the problem. Thanks in advance guys.

Have a great rest of the week.

Not meaning to come off in a harsh way, but it's not the tinters fault for crap like that. We can't control what the manufacturers of automobiles do and don't do, like in this case, a seal that is probably not felted from the factory. Why should it be our fault it scratched? Isn't it your fault for not properly cleaning out your window seals on a regular basis to keep dirt from getting in there and scratching the film?

This is what I would do since it never hurts to ask.....go to the dealership your car came from, or just a Honda dealer, explain the problem, pay them to felt your seals, go back to the shop that tinted it and see if they will work you a deal on a removal and retint.

Yeah, it sucks because you already paid for it, but seriously, who's fault is it really?