2003 Honda Accord Tint Scratches

Guest ROCKSTEADY

Guest ROCKSTEADY

Just want to make sure that I have this question in the right forum area. Or I guess that it will be visible. If this is not supposed to be here, mods, please feel free to delete this post....thanks.

First of all let me say this is truly a great board. I found it on accident and I am glad that I did. There seems to be a lot of knowledgable people here.

Anyways, so I am one of the many people who have experienced the scratching of new tint in my Accord. I have read a few of the threads here, but have not found a specific answer.

As far as recourse goes, I know it depends on the shop. I am going to go back, for sure, and ask them if they will re-tint the vehicle at no charge.

My question is...What is the fix for this problem? What have you installers done in order to rectify the problem. Thanks in advance guys.

Have a great rest of the week.

Guest metint
As far as recourse goes, I know it depends on the shop. I am going to go back, for sure, and ask them if they will re-tint the vehicle at no charge.

My question is...What is the fix for this problem? What have you installers done in order to rectify the problem. Thanks in advance guys.

Have a great rest of the week.

[*]278901

First off... window film does not carry a warranty on scratching so you may find resistance to the idea of no charge replacement. :rollin

Secondly... report the issue to the Honda dealer... let them know it is no longer their property, it is yours and you wish to have film applied without issue from any component on the car (the non-felt, horizontal weatherstrip rubbing the door glass as it actuates up and down). :lol2

The fix... having a high quality felt strip installed to the existing weatherstrip to prevent future scratches to film. This will come at a charge as well. :lol2

Finally... have the windows in question re-tinted. Whether the tinter charges you or not isn't based in warranty, rather it is based in generosity and empathy. :lol2

All the above applies only if it is positively determined to be the weatherstrip scratching the film. :rollin

Guest Windshieldwizard

actually metint the brand of window film we use as a warranty against scrathes from the manufacturer,But the rest is right on the money

Guest metint
actually metint the brand of window film we use as a warranty against scrathes from the manufacturer,But the rest is right on the money

[*]278918

:rollin Can you show a pic of the language used in this warranty and make sure no brand name is identified. :lol2

I know of only one film brand that does this and it's a one shot deal. :rollin

Guest Windshieldwizard

edited.jpg[

here is a brochure from the supplier this can be used as many times as the customer wants as long as they own the vehicle this is something that you can give to your customers or you can get them to purchase from you.We have been using this for a few months now and have had to use them to reddem the warranty work aswell as we get paid to remove the old film aswell as put the new stuff on from the manufacturer this is a metalized film only

Guest ROCKSTEADY

Ok thanks for the replies guys.

A few questions.

Is re-lining with felt something the tinter can do or usually does? How much is the usual cost for something like that? I mean, do tinters usually have felt gasket?

Also, what does removal and re-tint of the front two windows usually cost...average....just wondering.

Guest metint
Ok thanks for the replies guys.

A few questions.

Is re-lining with felt something the tinter can do or usually does?  How much is the usual cost for something like that?  I mean, do tinters usually have felt gasket?

Also, what does removal and re-tint of the front two windows usually cost...average....just wondering.

[*]278999

Some, not all, tinters have access to felt and know what to do with it and price varies so much depending upon geo location, best not to even try giving one over the internet.

Archived