quick question

Guest Zrok

ok, sometimes I get the kids that get tint done, and want some lettering put on the glass.....like at the top of their w/s or back glass....I've used tint solution before (joy and water) I've used water alone before, and still the prob that I have is when I pull the 'backing' off the top of the letters, it pulls those too and I'm always fighting it....anyone got any suggestions??? I have even had it pull up alot before, and I've sprayed alcohol under it to dry the water, but to no avail....any suggestions???:lol6

Guest thetintshop

apply the graphics with a mixture of 70% water, 30% alcohol. let it sit for about a minute, then soak the application tape . let it soak in for a couple seconds and pull it right off.

Guest thetintshop

I don't know what kind of application tape you're using, but this works if you're using r conform tape, or the regular r tape. I've tried it with that crap enduramask and it doesn't work too well.

Guest Braud Spectrum

Me to Zro. It's so aggravating. Thanks TTS. :lol6

I don't do alot of vinyl just a few names here and there and occational emblem. Mostly I use it when I sandblast, only I have the sign place leave me the background, or give me the whole thing...just not weed it and let me do it. I could never cut letters as professional looking as the machine does so I let them do that. I cut my own designs normally by hand. Unless it's something every Joe Blow in the world wants and the sign place already has one of. I got this new little gizmo recently. Looks like a tiny little soldering iron only it has a real sharp copper point. It kinda melts the resist as I draw. Gotta be quick tho. :uh

Cuts round areas a whole lot better than the exacto or the olfa, but it's not steady enough for straight lines.

thats kewl, thanks TTS....it's just an aggrivating problem....and I don't do much so I can't experiment with stuff enough 'cuz I don't do many....I'll try the water and alkeehaul next time :lol6 thanks again :lol

Archived