Reflectivity Variations

What kind of car is it? Maybe we can tell you whether that model will have radio recet issues with high performance film products. :bling

[*]286329

Current vehicle is a '99 Acura TL, also considering a Honda Odyssey

Thanks metint, your explanation helped clear up just about everything!! I just can't believe this area and the lack of quality film. I think this board and the history of buying southern cars over the years has given me a false sense of reality in the Michigan Tint world. About 1 out of 7 tint jobs are done well around here and only about 1 in 25 or 30 are done with quality tint, from what I can see anyway. I pump this board to all the shops I talk to and finally today I talked to a gentleman who "lurks" around here, and honestly, he is one of the few who seems to be open to installing a metalized film. He's located in Saginaw, only been in business three years, but I'll check him out.

Thanks to you too Blade, as always you guys have been very helpful!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zolar

$.02 from the other side of the table, If you were to call up the big J film co., and ask for a mirror film,

They will always reccomend the ES line of all metal film, which is reflective, but not quite mirror

They will not mention any of the silver commercial films with a substitution of PS adhesive.

But they now have a line of films called "Flash" that are mirror green & blue architectual films, with PS instead of CDA.

But not a word about Solar Silver with PS glue, Liability? or just ugly film? .........You decide.

Thanks Metint for the tip on the Poket Detective, I need one of those.

Z

Guest metint
What kind of car is it? Maybe we can tell you whether that model will have radio recept issues with high performance film products. :spit

[*]286329

Current vehicle is a '99 Acura TL, also considering a Honda Odyssey

Thanks metint, your explanation helped clear up just about everything!! I just can't believe this area and the lack of quality film. I think this board and the history of buying southern cars over the years has given me a false sense of reality in the Michigan Tint world. About 1 out of 7 tint jobs are done well around here and only about 1 in 25 or 30 are done with quality tint, from what I can see anyway. I pump this board to all the shops I talk to and finally today I talked to a gentleman who "lurks" around here, and honestly, he is one of the few who seems to be open to installing a metalized film. He's located in Saginaw, only been in business three years, but I'll check him out.

Thanks to you too Blade, as always you guys have been very helpful!

[*]286459

If the installer has any heavily metalized tint around the shop, be it auto or residential, he can easily take a scrape piece of film, cut it to fit the back glass of the Acura and do a *hack install to see if the AM radio reception is affected.

I am unsure of the Acura radio recept (anyone else have input on this?)

The Odyssey will be fine... if it has antenna on glass, it'll be a rear side quarter glass.

* No heat forming and does not have to cover the entire glass area. It does have to go to the top and sides, but may only require approximately 2/3-3/4 toward the bottom (almost or will include the bottom most defrost line).

Good luck :rollin

If the installer has any heavily metalized tint around the shop, be it auto or residential, he can easily take a scrape piece of film, cut it to fit the back glass of the Acura and do a *hack install to see if the AM radio reception is affected.

I am unsure of the Acura radio recept (anyone else have input on this?)

The Odyssey will be fine... if it has antenna on glass, it'll be a rear side quarter glass.

* No heat forming and does not have to cover the entire glass area. It does have to go to the top and sides, but may only require approximately 2/3-3/4 toward the bottom (almost or will include the bottom most defrost line).

Good luck :thumb

[*]286570

Thanks bro!

Guest metint
it is not unheard of to add an external ant.

FWIW

[*]286905

Kind of defeats the whole move toward vehicle appearance without aerials, don't you think?

There are many solutions to the film vs antenna or reception issue... people just seem to have their expectations set way above where they need be in order to achieve happiness. Many have lost the ability to reach a compromise these days... the divorce rate is evidence of this. :beer

Go with the SG HP... and be done with the process of head banging. :inot

[*]286326

Since nobody around me carries it on hand or has the experience, can you tell me the differences between the Quantum and Titanium in relation to True Grey and Charcoal? SG's website was of no help. I have seen Llumar's samples, but not Solargard's. Thanks....

Quantum and Titanium are more reflective.

[*]287417

Thanks, thats pretty reflective looking though. :bat Not too sure if that would draw undesirable attention :inot

How do those two differ from one another? Is it a hue difference like between Ch. and TG?

Don't you do mostly Ch with some true grey? :inot

Archived