Reflectivity Variations

Over the past year I have been visiting the various mfg's websites and checking out the specs on the different line of films. I have also been attentive to the various pics posted here and on many of the regular's websites and webshots of their work.

:? What I have become confused about is Reflectivity data as described by a percentage. For example, Charcaol films tend to have a higher reflectivity rating than the greys, smokes, midnights, etc. Also, the HP films also tend to have higher ratings for the obvious reasons.

I realize that visible reflectivity has to do with light reflectance, and I have assumed that it translated to the noticeable image reflectance of the film (that explaining why platinum has 18% reflectivity and looks like a mirror).

FINALLY! My Question: :?

Why is it that Llumar Stealth appears to have a 10-11% reflectivity and so does Suntek Infinity OP, and so does Solargard Desert Ch.? YET, Infinity OP looks rather mirrored in comparison to the Stealth and SG Ch.? Any ideas? :gasp

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint

I would check to see if the numbers have been independently varified.

It can be very easy to simply pick or eliminate a number to suit a given situation... such as reflectivity laws.

This will not go on long since the maker of Pocket Detective meters has now introduced a new meter capable of measuring VLT and VLR. :?

Archived