Solar Zone

Guest VOLTRON

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint
It's printed on both.  Once you've had it, it's hard to use the other, unmarked films. :beer  :twocents

[*]357567

Imagine getting use to something which eases any task makes difficult do it the old way...

Thanks for the input... on 'printed'. :coffee

Guest VOLTRON

yea it sure as hell beats unrolling a box of film to see how much is left. Then u got to roll it back up again, only to have hair and carpet debrees all over it.

yea it sure as hell beats unrolling a box of film to see how much is left. Then u got to roll it back up again, only to have hair and carpet debrees all over it.

[*]357629

or you could measure the film + core in 64th inch scale. subtract 5/64 for the core and the number will be accurate to within about 72 inches. there are conversion charts for different films. however, nothing could be easier than a metered liner. I've never had the pleasure.

Or you could just take an end cap off and eye it on the core... :spit

Once was doing a job for another shop and a friend needed some Ti 150... the person I was doing the job for had some and wanted me to unroll it for her and measure... :bat:DD I said, 'Why, you've got about 30 feet left on the roll (looking at it with end cap removed)... No she says, I want to know exactly so I don't cheat myself... :DD

28 feet left by tape measure! Should have sold it at 30 feet... :spit

Or you can keep your mathematics up to par by tracking the number and length of pulls made, add them together and subtract it from 1200 inches... :bat:bat

Archived