FINALLY, It's Tinted!

Since my inception as a member here back in the cold winter days I have been trying out various films, shops, and shades to tint my current two rides.

A quick search of me would reveal my frustrations with lack of film options and quality installers in my area. BUT, I did my homework and found a couple shops. (I actually considered going back to doing my own work again :cool , but I know better than that, I am terrible with thine own hands! :lol )

Anyway, here is what I did, so OT, TD, Blade, Gus, Metint, Mdog, and countless others that have helped can finally quit "calling me out" for stalling on the job here.

My wife's Odyssey = Solargard HP 35 (she's not even pissed)

My Acura = Llumar ATR Stealth 38

They are both great films and look AWESOME on the vehicles. I couldn't be happier, especially the "Mad Scientist's" shop that I had the Stealth installed....This dude completely hooked it up! I'll have to post pics. Never seen such a mirco-edge before. On the SG, I probably should have gone with a straight dye to match the factory a bit closer, but I wanted tht full function of HP, and it still looks great!!! Had I not come here I would have not been satisfied with all the generic films offered locally. Thanks everyone --- A very satisfied customer!!!!

OH- Tint Rookie - see next post for my wife's response to your earlier post regarding my hesitancy to get tinted sooner, because of her scorn.... :dunno

The following is a quote by Tint Rookie to me back in June:

"debating on, let loose harsh advice vs. just helping.

ugh,

your right in staying away from dyed. good man. so ill be nice.

are you a member of a custom car/truck club?

or any affiliation where the tinter sees the carot of mass volume before his eyes. if you tell him the film you (plural) want. he'll get it if he wants all the work. cuzz it almost garauntees the whole roll will be sold.

ive done it before. for 99 got a earl schieb paintjob on a 68 plymouth satelite that looked like it shoulda been on a ferarri. just because I dropped a few names with a few exagerations.

personally I find the metal and hybrids easier to work with than died. but they are all I do....no cheap sh!t here.

now im done being nice...

go tint your f'ing car. as for your wife, how long have you been married? by now you should know its easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission. pluss if shes pizzled its just gonna lead to make up s*x. s*x (noun), that thing you had before you got married and had kids.

now just for me. I want you to take her out to the mall parking lot, throw the kid seat in the trunk, and put those new dark windows to some good use. now heres the part for me. when you say "whos yo daddy" she should scream "TINT ROOKIE"

thank you and goodnight"

First off, that was absolutely hilarious.

But My wife suggested that I come back and let you know that she won't be doing it in the parking lot unless I get it tinted DARKER! Though she seems to be ok with the tint, I can't convince her to scream "TINT ROOKIE", but an in the car romp only resulted in chaos when she noticed that I kept starring at the window film the whole time..... :bling

Archived