Alarm Viper 550esp, remote starter doesn't work.

Guest Guest_Viper_user_*

Guest Guest_Viper_user_*

I have a toyota corolla with Viper 550 esp installed on it in 2001. I never had any problem with it till day before yesterday. 3 days back it wasn't arming. It would lock the car but the LED would stay steady lit. Then I read somewhere to keep the door open and press lock-unlock-lock. This did solve the problem. But since yesterday, it started giving me one extra chirp (other than the regular chirp) after I have locked the car with lock button. I also observed that I cannot start the car with the remote anymore.

Help

Thanks

Viper_user

After you arm it, count how many times the LED flashes between pauses. That will tell you which zone is being triggered. As for the remote start, some systems have a toggle switch to control the rem. start function. I would have to agree with Zolar though. If it is a faulty hood pin, that would explain the violated zone and not starting. The hood pin is designed to keep the car from starting if the hood is up. Open your hood and look for an added-on pinswitch. Unhook the wire from the bottom and test the alarm and start.

Guest Guest

Its bypassing a zone after you arm it.........

You'll need to check the hood pin .....those fail.....nearly 99% of the time .......thats why I never install them unless requested.

Archived