Maximum legal UK tint?

Guest Guest_Adrian_*

Guest Guest_Adrian_*

What's the maximum percentage of tint you can have for your windows in the UK?.

I know your not allowed to tint the front window (or at least not much), but what about the front two side windows?.

Any info is apreicated, thanks.

I know your not allowed to tint the front window (or at least not much), but what about the front two side windows?.

[*]303648

What is allowed and what is installed is quite different things. Very often people ask OutLaw TintZ.......

But allowed % is:

Windshield - 25%

Drivers left and right - 30%.

[*]303648

What is allowed and what is installed is quite different things. Very often people ask OutLaw TintZ.......

But allowed % is:

Windshield - 25%

Drivers left and right - 30%.

[*]303649

according to my local VOSA guys the law is this.... no film whatsoever forward of the B pillar. I also believe that there is a directive from VOSA to all UK mot testing stations asking them to squeel on any tint firm they are aware of that tint front door windows!

Guest Diamond Tints

Windscreen no tint at all

Front drop glasses nothing but vosa will advise only on 45% and above vlt

b posts back anything you like

As for asking mot stations to grass anyone putting on !llegal tints whoever said this should start writing stories for a living :):lol:woowoo

Windscreen no tint at all

Front drop glasses nothing but vosa will advise only on 45% and above vlt

b posts back anything you like

As for asking mot stations to grass anyone putting on !llegal tints whoever said this should start writing stories for a living  :)  :lol  :woowoo

[*]303796

just checked the vosa web pages.... it actually says to all MOT stations.... "if you know of any tint firm or vehicle retailer offering to either tint or sell cars already tinted beyond the legal limits" to tell them they are breaking the law.

so no they didnt ask for them to squeel it appears to be more of an informative thing.

if mot testing station says to me my tint is !llegal.....first I tell them this... :) then I tell them to do the test and roll my windows down and if they still are being arseholes.....I take my business elsewhere!!....but just for the record ive had no probs wot so ever and had tinted a couple of mot testers' cars who told me that they can do the mot test with the windows down!

if mot testing station says to me my tint is !llegal.....first I tell them this... :dunno  then I tell them to do the test and roll my windows down and if they still are being arseholes.....I take my business elsewhere!!....but just for the record ive had no probs wot so ever and had tinted a couple of mot testers' cars who told me that they can do the mot test with the windows down!

[*]304603

:beer Windows down our old idea :duck:beer:lol2

Archived