Undiluted Ammonia

Guest alx4now

Guest nautiboi73
believe it or not, brake cleaner,

[*]312834

So... we have a huffer in the room... :hmmm

Anymore bright ideas you care to put out for the unwitting installer wannabe? :lol6:lol2

[*]312841

:beer

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint rookie
I have been using ,believe it or not, brake cleaner, it is great on the glue goo. just spray on the glue after it delams,rub it with some 0000 steel wool, presto. then go back an give it a cleanin with simple green, I have done the roll ups, an back glass.. seems to be fine for me.. no returns either.. but to each his own I recon

I have not tried the steamer method yet, but might soon, the back glass was tough to scrub so much, guess either way its still work eh?  hehe :lol6

[*]312834

not all tinting is easy money, brake cleaner, harsh as can be on plastic. pretty agressive, too agressive if you asked me. id be leary of the long term efffects, any left on the glass whatsoever and your tint wont be looking any better than the job youre removing. id push it as far as borderline harsh enough to cause defrosters to lift from the glass. then that time you saved ended up costing you money and a long lengthy call to the insurance co.

just some things to consider.

like the avatar :hmmm

I had a customer try to use brake cleaner and I finished the removal a few days after his worthless attempt. My arms were beat read, eyes were swollen from the remaining fumes and whatnot and I was sick as a dog for the rest of the day...I can't imagine what an asshat would look like while right in the middle of a removal using brake fluid. Ammonia isn't really that smart either considering the health risk, but it is sure a damn sight better than straight brake fluid.

We usually bag them with 409, steam in the winter.

yeah the best thing I found for the glue is acetone, gotta soak the rag and wipe in the same direction or else you just keep wiping the glue back and forth.

[*]313383

Yeah... just don't get it on plastic or upholstery... :)

Guest tintinfool
what ? brake fluid? 1/2 yr exp .ok STOP ! use amonia! :rollin? :lol6

[*]312871

thats 1 and 1/2. don't rob the man of a year, he doesn't have that much to go around as is. :lol6

[*]312931

well, I have never said that I know all there is to know about this field, and second, I thought this was a forum for discussing the ideas and or mess ups that we have. so I appologize for being such a moron. but I am still learnig as are most of us,with each year new vehicles are released...

so im sorry for posting such a stupid one..I have been told I do a great job for having such a small amount of exp, and I really appreciate this site, along with the positive comments.tinting windows is a tough job, I never said it wasnt..if yall were just joking around I stand corrected, but if not, no hard feelings. I just wanted to voice my opinion..

1/2 and 1/2, I'm sure... :rollin

It's kind of like when I train a newbie in tinting a car... I cannot show them how to remove anything from the vehicle lest they screw something up some time in the future and some savvy lawyer soons calls on me.

Have to be careful about some stuff that gets put out there in the open... consider the idiot factor always.

Doesn't mean I'm the best at it either, but I do try the same as the next human being.

Come on back and share anytime... :lol6

Archived